IM 10 gallon

Jack 123456

• SRC Member

IM tank is great. I got it from FNM too. I had a fluval canister so it is used as an extension of the IOS. Not necessary of course but it is there. Caddy compartment. Filter sponge provided by IM. Poly filter membrane. (Google). Chemi blue. Canister: AGplus nanobeads (my own stuff), lots of filter pads to grow good bacteria, activated carbon, biological stones to grow bacteria). IOS- return pump tunze for arctica chiller. Modified a UV bulb. Tunze smallest skimmer - trust me it fits the middle compartment amazingly. Jebao-Ak light. What works so far - chemiblue, poly filter, skimmer. Tunze nano wave maker. I think my accessories are a bit overkill for a small tank but it is ok. Here is my problem. After the sys matures, nothing much to do lol!!! No upgrading to a larger tank is not an option. I have the Seneye but too much trouble. Water change 10% a week. Magnesium and some reef additive. All I need is a thermometer with an alarm. Can't find it in the market.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member
Testing for leakage, but also testing the light and sw-4 at the same time :)))

also was surveying tank and found a fairly large crack in the outlet connection, a bit disappointing but not a huge blow.. Sent edmund a quick msg seeing if theres something to do about it, but not too much of a worry..
Will be picking up NSW tmr, Very excited :))
17078428_120300002376957134_379335019_n.jpg
17028899_120300002384030267_1523247234_n.jpg
17077931_120300002377643384_146174138_n.jpg

Its very fragile and cracked when apply pressure to connect to hose.

yes planning on adding 5 lb of sand.. thing is sw-2 and sw-4 lowest flow rate is still the same of 500lph... Will test and experiment, but I hope it won't blow the sand around..

I have the SW-2 in the IM10 and it doesn't blow the sand around. The key I found was to aim it up at the water surface slightly. Obviously not so it's jetting water out of the tank but enough to take the power out of the flow.

Put in NSW and bought a little filefish for 8$ from sealife to help kickstart cycling process. All seemed well until he suddenly disappeared.. I checked all the surrounding floor but the chances are very slim he could have slipped through the little gap between the lid and the glass, strange.... any ideas? rock work is quite simple, lifted up the top rock but nothing... So so weird....

thanks

17093904_120300002391936249_740861404_n.jpg

• SRC Member

Bro, the water is too cloudy yea..u stir up the sand while looking for ur filefish? :D had it cleared up now? cant see ur scape..btw, how little is ur little filefish? Some are known to camouflage yea..gd luck bro :)

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

Nice scape.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• 2 weeks later...