At last my 5 footer!!

kschew1498

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THis is the purple stuff lor...all the purple slime..... :pinch:

coraline algae is ok wat....seem that there are a few different colours of coraline algae growing in my tank under different lights!! :angel:

cyano would be a great headache.... :(

Vincent Ho

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Love the colour of your LR, Fiji stuff?

hehe.....those with coraline are from my previous 2 footer tank.....fiji??? Not too sure....bought from Pasir Ris previously! :huh:

Hey Guys....have you guys thought of using DI/DO water!!! :huh: I am just wondering if it is cheaper in long term! Seem like all reefers are combating this bloody nuisance cyanobateria, red slimy algae, hairy algae........

Hmm.....was introduce by a friend this 6 step fliter for DI/DO water system.....contemplating to get it!!!.......was thinking.....if I buy 5L of Rowa......I could have bought one of these gadget already!!! Damn!.... <_<

Hehehe.....cant wait for my Mdm to come back......Yahooo.....a 35w Ultra Man on its way.... :yeah::yeah: ULTRA MAN!!!!! :lol::lol:

Bro,

how much the 6-stage RO/DI? Me tinking about for quite a while liao... maybe your missus go overseas can lon-pang buy one for me? I very keen... :)

Vincent Ho

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

My newly accquired star!!! ....its the biggest I can find...Sigh....if it would have been bigger....soooo nice...... :wub::wub::wub: Maybe I should buy another piece and join them together..... :lol:

post-34-1085238275.jpg

• SRC Member
Wah liew, all your corals damn chio man!!! See liao saliva dripping man!! tink must make a trip to see your tank liao!!! :eyeblur:

Vincent Ho :shock:

Come tomorrow lah......any time manz.....but better in the evening when the lights are on! They are on timer.....hahaha :paiseh:

Anyway....still quite bare.....bo liu liao......spent too much in such a short time.....must control a bit now!!! :(

Come tomorrow lah......any time manz.....but better in the evening when the lights are on! They are on timer.....hahaha :paiseh:

Anyway....still quite bare.....bo liu liao......spent too much in such a short time.....must control a bit now!!! :(

Bro, dun be humble lah, if your tank bare... mine empty liao!!! I spent a bomb too!! I tink more than 5k liao... for a little 3 footer!!! Sianzzzz!!!

PS : Tomolo if free will call you... me going a few places tomolo leh... :(

Vincent Ho :look:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Bro, dun be humble lah, if your tank bare... mine empty liao!!! I spent a bomb too!! I tink more than 5k liao... for a little 3 footer!!! Sianzzzz!!!

PS : Tomolo if free will call you... me going a few places tomolo leh... :(

Vincent Ho :look:

Wa lau....you sure.....5k for a 3 feet!!!! :blink::shock: Then I am quite lucky! kekeke....got some lobang for my life supporting equipments or else BIG TIME ###### "PI CHIA"!!! :lol::lol:

got ur number lah... how come dun have?? wait kanna suan again!!

Anyway, the 5k is the cost of the hobby... coz initally on the 2 feet tank... everything lump in like a bigger bomb to spend!!!! hahahaha...

Anyway, slowly planning for a 6 footer now... wanted a 8 footer, but the costs.... :sick:

Vincent Ho :D

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
got ur number lah... how come dun have?? wait kanna suan again!!

Anyway, the 5k is the cost of the hobby... coz initally on the 2 feet tank... everything lump in like a bigger bomb to spend!!!! hahahaha...

Anyway, slowly planning for a 6 footer now... wanted a 8 footer, but the costs.... :sick:

Vincent Ho :D

:lol::lol::lol:

My total spending now....just pass 5k mark today! excluding the 2k I spent on my 2 footer! SIGH! <_< I really need to control a bit.....really exhausted liao! :( Only recover a very insignificent amount (not even 20%) after I sold off my equipments from my 2 footer! Hoping these infor. can give people to bench mark this hobby. (PS: I am not boasting about my spending!)

Shit.....sold away my car and thought that I would have more spare cash .....end up this hobby.....! :erm:

Nevermind la....money can earn back.....(IQ mentality! :lol: more consolling that way! :lol: ) Sigh!

By the way I just heard from a guy from the new LFS in Pasir Ris.....he knew of a lady who spent 30 over thousand for a giant tank. (She put her tank near the window/balcony and is from SRC) Wonder who is she??? :bow:

• SRC Member

My total spending now....just pass 5k mark today! excluding the 2k I spent on my 2 footer! SIGH! <_< I really need to control a bit.....really exhausted liao! :( Only recover a very insignificent amount (not even 20%) after I sold off my equipments from my 2 footer! Hoping these infor. can give people to bench mark this hobby. (PS: I am not boasting about my spending!)

Shit.....sold away my car and thought that I would have more spare cash .....end up this hobby.....! :erm:

Nevermind la....money can earn back.....(IQ mentality! :lol: more consolling that way! :lol: ) Sigh!

By the way I just heard from a guy from the new LFS in Pasir Ris.....he knew of a lady who spent 30 over thousand for a giant tank. (She put her tank near the window/balcony and is from SRC) Wonder who is she??? :bow:

bro, there is NO and WILL NOT be any benchmark....its all about upgrading and upgrading and upgrading.....

:cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:

• SRC Member

i've seen a 8ft tank in an office....total cost $50k for the set-up....it is not a commercial set up...it was done by a hobbyist for the owner....will take some pics if i drop by there again....