German Tanks!!! Eat ur heart Out!!

robe

• SRC Member

The famous Zeovit filtered tank... :heh:

Lots of talk but other then the fact that it's aluminium oxide, we don't know what that is.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

Look at the links to some of the reefers tanks.....

a 6 x 3.5 x 3 ft tank w/ 2 x 1000w 10KK lamps.....

MOst of the tanks has only 3 x 250w 10KK lamps but look at the color and acros.... sheez where can we get those specimens!

Press the "kundebecken" button to go to the reefers galleries....

Aluminum oxide is normaly used for phosphate filters as well water softeners. There's a type of product used for water treatment called zeolite. Could this be the zeolite they're using. It is a type of mineral resin that attracts positively charged particles(or is it negative charged particles any way that is the principle they use ) to it thus trapping unwanted contaminants.

Yeah, I was gonna share this link of nice acros with Phang.. :)

The Americans were asking this German guy in RC abt how the German keep acros in such good colour... and this method of zeolite was 'explained'... it appears the Germans believe in starving the zoox in acros of certain nutrients/trace elements using zeolites so they will reply on light more heavily for growth and colour up more.

But the actual scientific theory was not very well translated and even the German hobbyist couldn't properly explain it. He just followed their instructions and it is working for him.

I can't remember if the instructions/explanations are on the site.

zeolite can be imported from New Zealand in 40 kg or 100 kg bags...

One thing though they absorb ammonia, nitrates, phospates, calcium, magnesium, carbonates you might end up dumping lots of trace elements into ur tank. THants why they recommend not to add any trace elements during the treatment. THey practically filter out most of the good and bad element from the tank to create a nutrient starved tank then dose trace elements, calcium, magnesium etc to balance it out again.

• SRC Member
Some of the LFS sells zeolites as ammonia sponge if i'm not wrong.

Morgan : we can only imagine....imagine one day we all can buy all types of colours of SPS at the LFS at cheap prices...

Yap... we imagine a long long long time........

Think the germans must have paid a bomb for those specimens....

Well, good stuff goes to those who have the $$$$$$$......

Anyone wanna do a bulk order for these Zeolite???

Anyone wanna do a bulk order for these Zeolite???

Phang,

Can I advise you to study more abt such stuff before committing to buy? Wah lau eh!

You already have much to learn abt SPS keeping. ;):ph34r:

• SRC Member
You already have much to learn abt SPS keeping. ;):ph34r:

I think most reefers have alot to learn especially with SPS....

even the experts have problems identifying and understanding them and their needs .....

Thats why I'm reading and experiementing cos I want to learn.......

click here to view this video on a German SPS tank!

*warning - broadband users only*

Phang - take a look at the kind of water circulation required for good SPS growth. Now you get the idea huh? Go get the Tunze streams... :)

• SRC Member
click here to view this video on a German SPS tank!

*warning - broadband users only*

Phang - take a look at the kind of water circulation required for good SPS growth. Now you get the idea huh? Go get the Tunze streams... :)

Yeah... agree with you cos that's my intention except that theres currently no stock.....

waiting for Supremes reply cos Chanbi bought their last piece and from what i had gathered.... there currently no stock even in their inventory overseas..... :(

For skimmers and Cal Reactors..... they are ready except need to plumb them into the system....

• SRC Member
zeolite can be imported from New Zealand in 40 kg or 100 kg bags...

One thing though they absorb ammonia, nitrates, phospates, calcium, magnesium, carbonates you might end up dumping lots of trace elements into ur tank. THants why they recommend not to add any trace elements during the treatment. THey practically filter out most of the good and bad element from the tank to create a nutrient starved tank then dose trace elements, calcium, magnesium etc to balance it out again.

Robe, You gonna do some research on this method and give it a try??

Anyone else like to comment on this zeolite stuff and comment? Tanzy??

BTW, the german reefs are really incredible....

the colours are extremely tempting...

Maybe I should jus as well enlarge the pics and paste them over my reef.....

:eyebrow: