ADEX 2004

icehot1000

• SRC Member
Hi guys... been to the ADEX already? So, what's on offer? Heard that the Aris Dive comp is going for $170 only. TDI Nitrox course is going for $75! Any great stuff? I'll be going tomorrow as today I'm tied up with work.... :(

which model dive comp?

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
pretty good buys @ adex.

i bought a wetsuit and a pair of fins at good price... :)

a bit late.. but Oceanic booth was extremely crowded.. full length wetsuit at $99...

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Oceanic booth is full of people man... and you know what? They are mostly gals... queuing up to try the suits. Seems like Oceanic is suited more for women or women prefer Oceanic??? Anyway, believe it or not, I've got my dive com at Adex for damn cheap! $150 only.... The last showroom piece and at the last day! It's the Aeris Atmos 1!.... : )

• SRC Member

waoh... is aeries a good dive com? i think 150 is a very good price, considering how much suunto ones cost! hehe.... i picked up pretty good bargains myself... and i think its just that the oceanic wetsuits were very good value for money that's why so crowded... and i saw quite a few guys buying too... not just the ladies.

i got my mares fins there at 25% discount... definitely happy about that! :)

• SRC Member
Oceanic booth is full of people man... and you know what? They are mostly gals... queuing up to try the suits. Seems like Oceanic is suited more for women or women prefer Oceanic??? Anyway, believe it or not, I've got my dive com at Adex for damn cheap! $150 only.... The last showroom piece and at the last day! It's the Aeris Atmos 1!.... : )

indeed.. it is ... i was looking at the atmos elite.. comes with a transmiter... but was quoted over S$700... :(

waoh... is aeries a good dive com? i think 150 is a very good price, considering how much suunto ones cost! hehe.... i picked up pretty good bargains myself... and i think its just that the oceanic wetsuits were very good value for money that's why so crowded... and i saw quite a few guys buying too... not just the ladies.

i got my mares fins there at 25% discount... definitely happy about that! :)

I was introduced to the Oceanic boss... the wetsuits were selling very cheaply! Eyes popped out when he told me the retail price. :)

Anyway, the designs are quite nice... my wife even when to try... long queue man... luckily, that meant that I could walk around a lot faster and see more things!!

Bumped into Lona and Kelstorm there! ;)

AT

I was there on Sat and there again on Sun, all towards closing time from 3plus onwards. :lol:

Regarding the sale... it was a sale... haha... any good explanation for this? ;)

• SRC Member

Bought the radiata gloves at $25.00 in anticipation... :pand contemplating getting the Hydro-optik mask at USD80. :rolleyes:

Is the latter worth it? Tried without my lenses and thought it really looks good...sort of like panaromic vision...To get or not to get? That's the question? Any pro out there? Advise?

Flub... you were there?

I think you should not spend money on such a mask until you are ok with using an ordinary one first.

Its not US$80... its about S$200 at Exhibition offer prices. It certainly looks interesting... I think I highlighted this mask before in the SRC scuba forum... its still very new.

Wow... you squeeze the guy for the Radiator gloves to $25?? You'll still the number one bargain aunty! :lol:

• SRC Member

How much is S$200 converted to USD? The inventor (he claimed he was...but think he not 'smoking' as he really knows his ware so well until I :shock::shock: ) was talking to me and he mentioned being able to get me this price but I still contemplating but anyway I should be getting from his factory direct in LA...he invited me to visit him when I next go over... :yeah:

yup...was there from one plus till four... :P

Yup...the man just quoted me $25.00 when I asked if there's any discount...All in all...only took two minutes or so in the transaction...How come you never asked? Afterall...asking is free mah...unless you talking to a lawyer... :lol::lol::lol:

Or maybe my size was smaller... :rolleyes:

And I am eyeing the neoprene fabric suits also...they will only be in later...hope it's in time for June's trip... :angel:

Yeah.... unbelievable! Got the Atmos 1 for that cheap! Hey, I don't know man... when I turned it on, the dive com display kept scrolling with all the no decompression times at 9m all the way to 48m! Is this normal? Read in the manual that it will activate when it goes down to a depth of 1.5m. Don't know how to use man! Anybody bought the Aeris Atmos 1 or 2? I think Atmos 2 is much easier to use cos' it's got 2 buttons unlike Atmos 1 with only one button. Also, there isn't any alarm on this one.

Hey, I was there on Sat as well as on Sun. Maybe seen you reefers out there, but don't know who you are! AT, Kelstorm, Lona.... never met you guys, but could have seen you... :D

Anyone here DM level already? I'm fighting to stay alive with the 400m swim in order to get the much needed 3 points! Pray hard.... this Sat.... die la....

• SRC Member
ARRRRR u all got so many cheap stuff.....

:pinch:

Can try this site for the conversion

Thanks...that was helpful... :yeah:

So...AT...mine is again cheaper than what you were quoted... :P

by S$65...can buy two pratas liao... :yeah::yeah::yeah:

• SRC Member

Flub, i do agree with AT, do try out the normal dive mask. Even with disposable contacts, it is not gonna cost u S$200. Furthermore, it is only effective underwater and not above water.. so, u have to wear it until u board the boat coz u not gonna be able to see...

The hydro-optik mask works based on the sphere and using the refraction of the water to create the clearer vision.

Furthermore, if u happen to lose it, it is not so heart pain.. hehehe

Yes, radiator gloves are indeed a good deal at S$25.. damned, i tried to use my charm, apparently not effective, cant get discount..... u must have used your charm lah... had wanted to get the red color vest.. sigh... when i went to visit it again near the end of the exhibition, it was sold... :(

The wetsuit is a good buy too but at almost 300, i pass... :erm: no doubt it is thinner than normal 3mm but i can get almost 2 wetsuits for that price...

• SRC Member
Tats y i mentioned, u wan good deals got to tug along with flub  :lol:

:paiseh:

or rather...it's because...they wanna me out of their sight asap that's why give me a better price to shoo me off... :lol::lol::lol:

Maybe I'm a porcupine? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I should be going for the Tioman OWD in June. Anybody coming along? Me got a lady buddy keen liao so should be on this time... :yeah:

Damn damn damn!! I got my Radiator gloves gloves at $30! Maybe coz its 2nd last day?

The power of a sweet face or loud mouth.... hahaha.... I lack.

• SRC Member
Anyway, I should be going for the Tioman OWD in June. Anybody coming along? Me got a lady buddy keen liao so should be on this time... :yeah:

Finally!!!.. hahaha... :yeah:

• SRC Member
Damn damn damn!! I got my Radiator gloves gloves at $30! Maybe coz its 2nd last day?

The power of a sweet face or loud mouth.... hahaha.... I lack.

u forgot u have bigger hands... hahaha..