Ugrading tank n need advise

4 hours ago, newbie andy said:

2nd. can i skip tank cycle if i transfer my old tank media n live rocks over to the new tank with cheato 

Thanks for start the post, I'm keen to know the result.

Am got sell. If yr tank, rock, sand and water, all recycled, think minimum cycling required. 

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Supporter

You can/should start cycling more media now.

You can run the extra media in your existing tank if space permits. Or run it in an external tub with a small recirculating pump.

With that, you should be able to drastically reduce or even eliminate the cycling time + major water change since there is an early head start.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• SRC Member
6 hours ago, Soleh Joe said:

How big is the upgrade? And why buy saltmix rather than mix it yourself?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

From a normal 2ft to a 2ft cube, i think to mix myself but i dun have a big tub for the water thats y think to get from lfs

• SRC Member
50 minutes ago, SubzeroLT said:

You can run the extra media in your existing tank if space permits. Or run it in an external tub with a small recirculating pump.

With that, you should be able to drastically reduce or even eliminate the cycling time + major water change since there is an early head start.

Cuz im thinking if lfs go for fish show or something they do a last min set up, they also dun have the time to cycle their tank, they just throw in their cure live rocks n media n fishes n corals in for the show . 

So if at home i dun add any new corals n fishes only difference is the water is 100% change should be the same ? I just need to stand by more media thats all? 

• SRC Supporter

IMO, that's good enough. Standby more bio media. That should be sufficient to handle the bio load once livestock is transferred over.

Use good bacteria products (eg. Prodibio where the bacteria is manufactured & stored in inert gas for longevity)

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• SRC Member
4 minutes ago, SubzeroLT said:

IMO, that's good enough. Standby more bio media. That should be sufficient to handle the bio load once livestock is transferred over.

Use good bacteria products (eg. Prodibio where the bacteria is manufactured & stored in inert gas for longevity)

Ok new question now lol, how much media i need for the tank? I using sera siporax 1litre as media for my tank now 

• SRC Member
Ok new question now lol, how much media i need for the tank? I using sera siporax 1litre as media for my tank now 

its actually quite difficult to estimate the amount of media needed. ur livestocks and tank setup is different from others. as long as theres ammonia increase, means u need to add more biomedia.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

22 minutes ago, newbie andy said:

As much as you can fit. It will only be beneficial in a long run. 

• SRC Member
14 minutes ago, danialakmal97 said:

its actually quite difficult to estimate the amount of media needed. ur livestocks and tank setup is different from others. as long as theres ammonia increase, means u need to add more biomedia.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Omg so hard even want upgrade tank :angel:.. so i have to get started on media but dunno have to seed how much now...dis is hard 

• SRC Member
3 minutes ago, ReefManiac said:

As much as you can fit. It will only be beneficial in a long run. 

If as much as i can fit in i guess its alot bro.. cuz i thinking maybe i start seeding another 1litre or 2 of siporax now so new tank come total of 3litre media? N add 6prodibio should be ok rite ? 

3 hours ago, Solo77 said:

Am got sell. If yr tank, rock, sand and water, all recycled, think minimum cycling required. 

Thanks.

3 hours ago, SubzeroLT said:

:welldone: