Roidan's Reef (II)

roidan

bloodshrimps tend to be shy, but if you buy a bigger quantity *like me. I bought 6 at one go*, they tend to crowd together. however I've split the rockwork like how Moses parted the Red Sea and now I have three on the left rock formation and three on the right formation. and they STILL clean my fishes....my Bartletts like getting serviced by them. the sole CS I have has its feelers/claws/whatever extentions filled with my tangs and Moorish Idols. (=

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Its actually rodian's cuttlefish tat he gonna have it later to go along with his beer :yeah:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

Lolx..AT..those are his veggie clips! :lol: The 'tentacles' are the vege stalks! :lol:

Ah damn!!

The discovery of the century... lost from my grasp!

I could have been famous.... I could have a new species named after me.... Achillicalis Roidanita (see, Roidan, I shared some credit with you!)

:lol:

Terrestial veges can be deficient in certain minerals like iodine, etc which are more abundant in marine plants. Guess it would be best to feed nori or maybe even ulva. I used to feed my YT dried nori..the type which hokkien people call 'or chai' to make soup. ;)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

yeah i agree...

best to vary a few types of food....they still gobble at the pellets i throw in...

so i guess they can get iodine and wat not from the pellets...

the veges are just like chewing gum for them...anytime they need a good chew, they can head for the clips :D

yeah..but the rate they devour the ulva is much faster than the ulva grows in my sump....thus i tried to use terrestrial veges...and they also chomp down the veges....

so i just feed them ulva sparingly lor...

he must be so happy with my 1st water change that he decided to swim out and let me know he appreciates the water change gesture...haha

as for the other one..maybe hiding with him..but sent him out as representative :lol:

my royal gramma did not chase him....my yellow tang kinda did :blink:

finally, some open water pics of blackcap gramma swimming here :)

post-34-1084013564.jpg

yes!!! i have visual confirmation both are alive!!...saw the other one sharing the same rock as the royal gramma :blink: ..but whereas the royal gramma uses the holes on the rock facing the front glass...the other blackcap appears from behind the same rock..on the dark side facing the backglass....cannot capture it...but i saw it!! yipeee..not dead..hehe

this is the other bolder one that i took yesterday...manage to take it again today :yeah:

post-34-1084082225.jpg