Journey of my 3Ft Flat cube......

JuzzMarine

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

If I could redo my tank again yours will be the dream one. :) Three feet deep :blink: talk about the scaping possibilities!!!

some questions-

Is the overflow noisy ? Since you are not running a durso....

Thinking of running MHs in the future? A single 400w with spider will just cover the entire tank width.

Future stocking? C'mon, you must have been thinking / dreaming of this :)

If I could redo my tank again yours will be the dream one. :) Three feet deep :blink: talk about the scaping possibilities!!!

some questions-

Is the overflow noisy ? Since you are not running a durso....

Thinking of running MHs in the future? A single 400w with spider will just cover the entire tank width.

Future stocking? C'mon, you must have been thinking / dreaming of this :)

To answer your question:

1) No, no sound at all. I adjust the ball valve( hope that's what they call) so that water level is higher than the drain. This, eliminate small air bubble too.

2) Currently waiting for EAN Edmund to pass me the 14K Hamilton 250W bulb and together with Victron's black MH box and I'm ready to fire!! I will be hanging the MH box....Not sure whether will the light spread be enough, Hmmm ;)

3) Currently on the the other 3ft I have some LS, should be transfer them over soon. So stay tune..... :lol:

yup... real skinny alright. and no matter hoew much u paint it... metal will still ruct aniwae ;)

Totally agreed with that :lol: 50 buck cube stand 3' x 3' x 3'.

Well, When my father do the stand for me, I did ask for 2" thick square tube, but the end product, only 1 1/8"(I think). He say "trust me, sure can tahan one." What to do :unsure:

Hi,

can tell me how thick the tank is? I am setting up a 3x2.5x2 tank soon.

thanks

regards-fooyl

Previous Tank 3 x 2.5 x 2 ft since year 2005. 23 Jan 2009 fully decom my 3ft. Now only left 24"x14"x16" and I am very happy cos can see all my fish in near range.. haha

very nice....wah, your LRs are damn cheap....

your overflow pipe can tahan your extrema ah?? y not DIY a durso? and pls ensure that your overflow is covered with netting or at least eggcrates to prevent your LS from going in there....

My drain pipe can still take some more flow.

Bcos of the height(1.6M) to pump from sump to main tank, the Extrema flow rate greatly reduce, not forgetting there are 3 elbow also. Maybe 2 extrema become one only :lol:

Initially, I thought of doing a durso, since I have no noise from the drain pipe, leave it for the time being :rolleyes:

Thought of using eggcrates to do a fencing on the overflow box. Will do that soon.

yup..I keep looking at the stands...seems very dangerous....hope it will hope as they hollow within...

Not sure in the long run when hood or light set rest on it, sometimes a bit of your body weight as well when you lean over to do scaping...

kind of damgerous since you have invested so much for that gorgeous looking tank....

well bro...all the best...maybe we are just being paranoid...I guess your dad knows what he is doing ;)

• SRC Member

My drain pipe can still take some more flow.

Bcos of the height(1.6M) to pump from sump to main tank, the Extrema flow rate greatly reduce, not forgetting there are 3 elbow also. Maybe 2 extrema become one only :lol:

Initially, I thought of doing a durso, since I have no noise from the drain pipe, leave it for the time being :rolleyes:

Thought of using eggcrates to do a fencing on the overflow box. Will do that soon.

i don't think your return pumps will create enough water flow in the main tank...

i'm using one extrema for my 3' by 2' by 2' tank and its really weak at that height(same as yours)...

i think the output is reduced to about 800L/H!

and with the bends in the pipes, it will create more resistance...

well...tunze? :P