• SRC Member

Hi..jus curious...Iv seen pple jus coming into the shop and jus fish out the fishes themselves ....errmm...are the price of the fishes standard or you need to ask the boss.COs the boss seems very bisy always..However the mold man with the moustache seems more than willing to list the prices... Any idea how mcuh are their chromis...? :blink::blink:

hi tropic.

their chromis should be going for $1/- each ?

Reborn is supposed to be known for competitive pricing - since they are also a wholesaler + many fishes do have standard prices + many of them look like they have got deep pockets, that's why no need to ask the price ! ha ha !

That uncle is alright - can just catch him and ask him the price :rolleyes:

yes, Reborn's fishes price is reasonable, I'd seen some selling off their arc eye hawkfish and hi fin goby at very high price at SRC Pasar Malam........i got them at a third or half at reborn....maybe they are selling high cus they had bought them at high prices elsewhere....

here is a scenario about 2 months ago, i wanted to buy a beautiful powder brown at CF

(which then the Aunty being unsure, decided to check with the foreign worker whether that is a gold rim? I thought the only difference is between them is a powder brown and white cheek tang ? not sure, maybe i am ignorant........ and Aunty explains that normal powder brown is $33, but that brown I wanted is "classify" as Gold rim so is $43 instead?? obviously to me that is a powder brown cus I have them b4 plus with the white stripe on its nose rather than that patch on the cheek ? i think despite thier reputation, funnily they got mix up at times) ,

and the $43 price tag turn me off, not for the price but because the aunty and foreign worker decided to classify them something else and give me the white cheek pricing (though b4 discount)....

and i saw one about 2 weeks ago at Reborn , equally to me the same specimen but only at $ 16, less than half the price (though had to admit is rare that Reborn got a reasonable specimen, it depends on shpt and timing, cus most time it seems the stocks are not that fanstatic due to thier tank condition, hence i go there regularly hoping to find something nice n possibly healthy "out of the blues" ) . of course, really have to scruntanise the health state of reborn fishes.....and they don't feed them...thus a further risk...if buying a $100 fish, better look for sources that cater better conditions.....anything else cheaper, Reborn is still somewhere like a "fleas market" to me...and is fine with me when looking for common fishes........just take your pail and catch them :D

• SRC Member
some other fishes might be diff prices....depend on their mood :D

:lol::lol: talking abt mood....sometimes ask same coral, from different person get three different ans.From expensive to least expensive...

:lol::lol: talking abt mood....sometimes ask same coral, from different person get three different ans.From expensive to least expensive...

true about that, I prefer to deal with that Uncle.....he calls the shot, and depends on his mood, he can price anything down.... :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

i pefer dealing with uncle Soon. he call the shots when it comes to live stocks.

talk nicely to him and chat with him a bit and he can be very nice.

now that he noe me quite well, he give discount even when i din ask for any, got free gifts some times.