Marine tank for sale

loonz

• SRC Member

The tank can be viewed online at www.arofanatics.com/members/loonz.

Dimensions 36" x 20" x 23" (LxBxH)...thereabouts. The tank has been running since 2000. I'm selling it 'cos I really want to upgrade to a bigger tank.

Lights are 4x36W power compacts, with 2x30W actinic blue NO.

Chemically filtered by chemipure and polyfilter through an Eheim Pro 2223, attached to a surface extractor.

4 x Hagen 402 powerheads and 1x Hagen 301 powerhead circulates the water.

Apprx 3.5"-4" of DSB, and a tank full of liverock, and coralline algae abundant.

Fish includes 1 small yellow tang, 1 regal tang, 1 hawaiian kole tang and 1 purple firefish.

• SRC Member

Ya, I have a major headache dealing with this. My place is not the most spacious of homes, alas!And it would take days before anything is done. The thing is ...I don't know where to start!!?! By the way, guys, I am going to take my open water cert this weekend at Tioman - wish me luck!!

• SRC Member

good luck loonz,

me too adv. diver- tioman wasn't as good as it was 5yrs ago, most of the reefs dying already, u better hurry.

when u go for a leisure dive(at the end), bring along some bananas or dried sotong or bread- stuff them into ur BC pocket & when u hit bottom enjoy yourself hand feeding. i just swim along & all the parrot wrasses will follow once they smell it.

u got to clear ur livestock first- then tackle the equip & then tank.(u need the equip to keep everythin alive till they gone)

if u wanna keep ur fishes then setup a holding tnk-2ft will do for temp.

put up some prices for the live things-& see how fast they go (depends on price of course)

I am an advanced diver too! :) Maybe we can organise a reef-appreciation course for Singapore Reef Club members... I can get my Dive Instructor friend for a special group rate!

But the season for M'sia is closing soon... monsoon coming! Damn... was supposed to go to Redang but I got my reef project... wife is also sad cannot go... :(

But Thailand dive season is opening soon... PHUKET DIVING!!!

Maybe early next year.... :P

• SRC Member

Malaysia dive season over- only Tioman is good in OCt cause all the big fishes come in for shelter from the elements of the open seas- Mantas,whale sharks & big sharks- there will be 2 resident 7foot sharks at coral island ard now .

Aur becomes a vacant ocean during this season+ it rains a lot so bad visibility.

Actually dive season/fishing season ends around mid November... only the brave and gungho will still go out during the pre-monsoon weeks, where the winds are already gusting...

The best time to fish/dive is actually around the monsoon season, as the big fishes come... just that we humans can't take the battering.. heh!

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

Guess what??I survived TIOMAN...haha...anywayz...it was better than I expected, but worse than I hoped it would be..... There was nothing I didn't see snorkeling at Redang that I couldn't see scuba diving at Tioman...perhaps I was a little bit unlucky though, cos some of my mates managed to catch glimpses of a sea turtle, and some saw barracudas...there was also mention of a near metre in diameter jellyfish that was prancing about during one of the dives...abit confused there abt barracudas and needle fish, anyone can elaborate on the differences?? I thought wat I saw were baby barracudas while at Redang, they schooled and some were alone, but when I pointed one out at Tioman looking from above water level, I was told it's a needle fish...hmm...

Bottom line, I had fun diving! And would love to take my advance diver soon...at this time, perhaps the cheap and nice place to take that is clear of the monsoon would be in Thailand??? Am i right?