Angel fish

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Wah liew... see all the Angels really make me "gian"!!! I love angels, but so far only got Flame and Emperor Juv in my tank.... Lost 4 beautiful Golden Angels ( they're too damn hard to keep! :cry2: ) ....

Just bought a Potter Angel yesterday!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Vincent Ho

4 golden angels??? they must have cost a bomb....coz I know they are not cheap.

• SRC Member

I notice that if there is not much stress, the angel will acclimatize very quickly and start eating. This is true for my coral beauty and also my blueface. So the key thing is to remove the stress factor, and as long as you have a healthy specimen, it should survive.

Wts684, I agree with Asfur. You need to monitor your water condition on daily basis. I'm not sure if your tank has been fully cycled... meaning that it has gone through the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate phase....if not, a slight trace of ammonia will send all these sensitive specimen to heaven. You need to monitor in minimum ammonia and nitrite with a test kit. I would suggest that you go out and immediately buy a lot of polyfilter (can get from SL) and put them in your sump/filter. This will help to absorb the ammonia and nitrite. Meanwhile, you have to control your feeding and change water every week..... Keep us updated on your LS. If you need any advise, feel free to ask. We are all here to help.

Best Regards,

Patrick

• SRC Member

Yeah... I was hoping to find dat offer too! kekeke...

but too bad, they cost me a bomb... a hand and a leg... :cry2:

Well guys, STOP DREAMING.

I bought Golden Angel from Reborn 2 weeks ago @ S$28, Uncle Soon say it's on offer so I can't tahan the temptation and bought 1 but the damn carpet anemone have it for supper and spit out the remains. :cry2:

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

My water parameter as follow:

Nitrate: 0

Ammo: 0

Nitrite: 40

ph: 8.5

KH: 7-8

Temp: 26-27C

Calcium-??

Is the data sufficient?

My nitrite is quite high due to some died fishes unable to remove from rock. I change water bi-weekly.

Calcium-??

Is the data sufficient?

My nitrite is quite high due to some died fishes unable to remove from rock. I change water bi-weekly.

Your nitrite is in very dangerous level, if you can't reduce it fast and steady, then you are endangered your fish.

• SRC Member

Well guys, STOP DREAMING.

I bought Golden Angel from Reborn 2 weeks ago @ S$28, Uncle Soon say it's on offer so I can't tahan the temptation and bought 1 but the damn carpet anemone have it for supper and spit out the remains. :cry2:

$28, you got it cheap already. I know PM is selling about $55 a piece....but really good quality one.

• SRC Member

Calcium-??

Is the data sufficient?

wts684,

Was it a typo, that you put "Nitrate=0" and "Nitrite=40" instead of "Nitrate=40" and "Nitrite=0"? Because this makes a world of difference.

If your Nitrite is 40, your fish may be grasping for air already. Check their gill and see if they are breathing very fast. You have to drop it down to no less than zero (0).

If your Nitrate is 40, then your fish are still ok. But your corals will be suffering. But you still need to try to drop it down to about 20 or less for a FOLWR.

If what you said is true, that your ammonia=0, nitrite=40, nitrate=0, then I will say your tank has not gone through the fully nitrogen cycle yet. I would even suggest that you check with the LFS and see if they can safe keep the fish for you for the time being, while you try to add more bacteria to speed up the maturation process.

Sorry that this may not be what you like to hear....we have been through this painful process and lost many precious specimens. So that's why we are concern and don't want this to happen to fellow reefer. Hope you take this advise in a constructive way.

Best Regards,

Patrick

• SRC Member

wts684,

Was it a typo, that you put "Nitrate=0" and "Nitrite=40" instead of "Nitrate=40" and "Nitrite=0"? Because this makes a world of difference.

If your Nitrite is 40, your fish may be grasping for air already. Check their gill and see if they are breathing very fast. You have to drop it down to no less than zero (0).

If your Nitrate is 40, then your fish are still ok. But your corals will be suffering. But you still need to try to drop it down to about 20 or less for a FOLWR.

If what you said is true, that your ammonia=0, nitrite=40, nitrate=0, then I will say your tank has not gone through the fully nitrogen cycle yet. I would even suggest that you check with the LFS and see if they can safe keep the fish for you for the time being, while you try to add more bacteria to speed up the maturation process.

Sorry that this may not be what you like to hear....we have been through this painful process and lost many precious specimens. So that's why we are concern and don't want this to happen to fellow reefer. Hope you take this advise in a constructive way.

Best Regards,

Patrick

Patrick,

Ya...My nitrate is 40. Nitrite is zero. I'm trying to drop the de-nitration everyday in tank, hope the nitrate will reduce to 20. The brand name is AZ-NO3 (concentrated). Did anyone try it before?

• SRC Member

Patrick,

Ya...My nitrate is 40. Nitrite is zero. I'm trying to drop the de-nitration everyday in tank, hope the nitrate will reduce to 20. The brand name is AZ-NO3 (concentrated). Did anyone try it before?

in order to let AZ NO3 start kicking u need a good skimmer..

http://r3.fodey.com/1ae71ee667ac04b60ba931...3ec.1.gif" border=0 width="312" height="107" alt="Ninja!"></a>

if they are in my tank...I'll chain up my gate real tight even when I am at home.

Got it from RC....some rare fishes found in reeftanks

Even the Resplendent Angel cost more than $700US

• SRC Member

Interesting on the background seems like they are all keep in a reef tank. So if one's tank is big enough, with enough coral, and if you keep the angel well fed, even if occasionally the angel pick at the coral, they will not pick on the same spot again and again, and the coral can still recover....assuming the water condition is near perfect.

Do you agree?

they will not pick on the same spot again and again, and the coral can still recover....assuming the water condition is near perfect.

You'll be surprise that they do pick on the same spot..esp your meaty corals...then they will get very stressed up and die eventually :lol: