Iceprobe chiller

Ancelot

• SRC Member

i am intending to get an iceprobe chiller because of the electrical costs it can save me.. so anyone has any comments on its efficiency and reliability? i know its kinda ma fan.. but i got this partition over my sump that can just sit the chiller on it.. so any comments...

• SRC Member

heard that the theory behind is more or less the same as heat sink that we are using for the CPU... the fan will coll the metal part of the unit and the metal part will cool the water... Iceprobe are usually use for nano tank which is less tha 10gallon. u need a few to cool down a standard 3' tank... most people rather use the chiller rather that this thing...

• SRC Member
i am intending to get an iceprobe chiller because of the electrical costs it can save me.. so anyone has any comments on its efficiency and reliability? i know its kinda ma fan.. but i got this partition over my sump that can just sit the chiller on it.. so any comments...

Er.. efficiency?

Well.. if you have a tiny tank (<2ft??) then sure ice probe might work but if you have anything bigger your ice probe won't do much... might as well get a fan and blow across your water surface...

Furthermore ice probe costs $300 bucks or so... not worth it IMO...

• SRC Member

True. Works on small tank 2ft an smaller one unless u are buying mulitple ice probe.

Cools about 2-3 degree for a 2ft tank. Also if you able to drill a hole near bottom of the tank works better but kind of difficult to do that without professional tools and skill. IMO

I also thought for that manys months but decide to drop the idea of using the ice probe.

refer to the link below.

http://www.coolworksinc.com/iceprobe_aquarium_chiller.htm

Currenlty I have a 2 feet tank with 6 clownfishes, i tomato clown, 1 mandarin and 1 lawnmover blenny