Any recommandation for UV sterilizer...

Terryz_

Looking for a UV sterilizer for a small tank... Was thinking of Turbo Twister 3x... Is there any recommanded brand best is if can be cheaper... Cos gonna spend a lot on skimmer and light liao... Thkx...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Supporter

that coralife 1 is good, i was recommanded by some bros here..i think bro terryansimon was one of them right?

i got a 6x and the effect was great! no ich sighted by day 4!

dont even see my blue tang doing scratching.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

you can always get the UVC type that is sold from Petmart.

I bought the Coralife one due to a few reasons.

1) enhanced contact time. the revolutionary twist design increases the contact time between UV bulb exposure and free floating parasites in the water...thereby enhancing the abilities of the UV

2) sturdy construction. felt like it was an oversized police baton. capable of knocking some idiot unconcious if need be.

I think UV is something that shouldn't be stinged on, if the decision is made to invest in one that is. no point buying a "cheap" UV light to cut cost, only to realise that it doesn't work that well/up to expectations. besides, the resale value of a more "expensive" product is always higher *this is to cater for the possibility of it not working well enough for your tank.*

I hereby declare that I am NOT putting any brands down. neither am I advertising for Coralife or any other product. I typed what I typed because it was the philosophy in which helped me made my decision. just sharing my five cents worth of opinion with you guys. (=

you can always get the UVC type that is sold from Petmart.

I bought the Coralife one due to a few reasons.

1) enhanced contact time. the revolutionary twist design increases the contact time between UV bulb exposure and free floating parasites in the water...thereby enhancing the abilities of the UV

2) sturdy construction. felt like it was an oversized police baton. capable of knocking some idiot unconcious if need be.

I think UV is something that shouldn't be stinged on, if the decision is made to invest in one that is. no point buying a "cheap" UV light to cut cost, only to realise that it doesn't work that well/up to expectations. besides, the resale value of a more "expensive" product is always higher *this is to cater for the possibility of it not working well enough for your tank.*

I hereby declare that I am NOT putting any brands down. neither am I advertising for Coralife or any other product. I typed what I typed because it was the philosophy in which helped me made my decision. just sharing my five cents worth of opinion with you guys. (=

Okaie... Is there any website for Coral life turbo twister or which model is suitable... Is Turbo twister 3x enough... My wallet gonna start burning again... :lol::lol:

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member
yea bro bubble_gum hows the result??? Thought of getting...

result???? no ich since gog knows when.... probably 1 or 2 dots today and gone the next.... also noticed tt fishes coloured up after no garlic soaked foods :rolleyes:

omg my fishes started to sound like clams :lol:

• SRC Member

UV is UV..... just like a victron MH lightset is the same as the weipro..... but for mh... the bulbs matters.... besides... i think atman has the vortex chamber kind.... corallife wasnt the first to do it anyway ;)

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.......if u can afford the turbotwister.... by all means... i would even get it myself :P

• SRC Member

yep... haven't been feeding garlic and the colour of fishes semm to deepen... UV still got ich ah?? anyway now no fish got ich in my tank dunno whetehr still can get... does it cause the water to be noticeably clearer?

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
yep... haven't been feeding garlic and the colour of fishes semm to deepen... UV still got ich ah?? anyway now no fish got ich in my tank dunno whetehr still can get... does it cause the water to be noticeably clearer?

yep.... my sandbed tooo.... but i have been flooding my tank with food for my kole so nw not much different :P

UV is UV..... just like a victron MH lightset is the same as the weipro..... but for mh... the bulbs matters.... besides... i think atman has the vortex chamber kind.... corallife wasnt the first to do it anyway ;)

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.......if u can afford the turbotwister.... by all means... i would even get it myself :P

please read what I typed again. like I said I'm not advertising for any brand, nor was I gunning down any brand. an MH fixture by Victron is totally different from an MH fixture from Giesemann for instance. build quality. workmanship. QC. the list can go on and on. although both are fixtures, why do you pay through your nose for one? go figure.

and I didn't say anything about Coralife being the first to start the "enhanced contact time" thing. so don't put words into my mouth.

Regards.

• SRC Member

ya u made it clear it was ur opinion tooo.....

but what did i say to make u think i put words in ur mouth? :blink: