part of Anemone start to rot ! CAN SAVE ?

• SRC Member

wah... isn't this a double post? anyway, here's my reply to the other post in General Reefing. :)

Better safe than sorry unless you wanna nuke your whole tank... i throw mine the moment i see the mouth gaping, tissue damage or anything being released into the water...any idea what caused your anemone to rot? Once infection sets in at the damaged site, quite difficult to save it...

• SRC Member

Hmm i got my anemone from CF and hacving it for 5 months to 8 months plus..... now still healthy living... summore got a period of time i never care about the tank at all..water condition quite bad i think... and it still stay alive..... maybe CF got lasting anemone.........check it out

• SRC Member

Don't think it's easy to save it unless there's miracle condition of your water. If I were you, I will observe until tomorrow whether the anemone will open up, otherwise better remove it before it start to rot like bread, you will have hard time taking it out.

Tank 4x2x2.5

• SRC Member
PLEASE HELP

Is there no choice to throw it away if see small part like rot/ going bad ?

No ways to save it ?

Really heart pain

If it's really rotting, get it out.

BTW it's not easy to maintain an anemone. ;)

Bevor Sie das Licht sehen, müssen Sie sterben!

Don't take the chance. A rotting anemone can cause your ammonia levels to spike. If you have a hospital tank, you can try reviving it there.

The size of your tank will determine how fast the ammonia reach critical levels. So you may need to work it out quickly.

Regards.

• SRC Member
PLEASE HELP

Is there no choice to throw it away if see small part like rot/ going bad ?

No ways to save it ?

Really heart pain

Can you take a photo of it? Coz my have similar so call "rot" effect. It started to recover when it move itself near to light source and I force feed it with cut market prawns.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

IF really rot partially, but the remaining part looks healthy, then there's chance, cause anenemo can heal itself. Just like splitting, it tear into 2 and heal itself within few days.

If it's rotting and doesnt look healthy. better throw.

Tank 4x2x2.5