Which is the best fish to finish tank cycle?

• SRC Member

only after 3 1/2 - 4 weeks of cycling, try adding clown fish, they are hardy, thats what i do, added 2 clown fish after 4 weeks of cycling ;) remember to change water first to reduce nitrates , (how many percent ? 20% ? or 50% ? :lol: ) :)

SBS_Transit

Oh.... thats not what I mean... :nc:

maybe my first post is misunderstood, I mean what is the first fish to put after my cycling is complete. :)

Cos, many ppl recommend a hardy fish to put in as first fish, so I am looking for you guy's recommendation.... :thanks::bow:

:P sorry bro... yup, tats a good tip. but try to get the fishes tat u really like n willing to keep for a long time.there are people who use damsels to 'test' their water but eventually have a hard time catching them out when they are ready to try the more difficult or beautiful fishes..suggest u do some reading n decide. :D

• SRC Member

:P sorry bro... yup, tats a good tip. but try to get the fishes tat u really like n willing to keep for a long time.there are people who use damsels to 'test' their water but eventually have a hard time catching them out when they are ready to try the more difficult or beautiful fishes..suggest u do some reading n decide. :D

yup true ;)

SBS_Transit

• SRC Member

Its ok bro... Thinking of chromis, cos like its colour and very hardy! :)

Where can I get a chromis? any LFS to recommend? I live in Yishun btw.... :lol:

:thanks:

• SRC Member

hey, another yishun kaki.. I live in yishun too.. maybe someday all the north ppl can come gather in yishun! ;)

firefish goby? yellow tang? dun have to choose hardy one lah... choose one that you like and is not very demanding..

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
hey, another yishun kaki.. I live in yishun too.. maybe someday all the north ppl can come gather in yishun! ;)

firefish goby? yellow tang? dun have to choose hardy one lah... choose one that you like and is not very demanding..

sure.... :D

Where can I get LS/Chromis in yishun? other than AquaStar.... :bow:

• SRC Member

Heheh aiyahh why not one day we gather out and go fishshops in Yishun? Me stay yishun also... hehehe RYZ you stay yishun rite? Then we can both bring him and tour the LFS in Yishun mah... hehehe then i heard you are a night owl rite? One day at night cannot sleep can meet you come out lim kopi hor? Then talk fish.

• SRC Member

yea... me nightowl... haha... see now still online... I live in yishun yea... Yishun there's aquastar, marine image, then at chong pang there got 1 more I think. Near YJC got 2 also but been there once got nothing much..

dunno whether closed down already or not.

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
yea... me nightowl... haha... see now still online... I live in yishun yea... Yishun there's aquastar, marine image, then at chong pang there got 1 more I think. Near YJC got 2 also but been there once got nothing much..

dunno whether closed down already or not.

:lol:

Where is marine image? :D

• SRC Member

Chromis is a good choice because they are hardy and sociable. You can add two to start with and then add three more to have a little school of fish going around together. That's what I did and I'm very happy with the result.

Definetly choose a fish that you intend to keep afterwards!