RobSKim Master

typrobin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Hi Typerobin,

I did my dual injectors skimmer, it was great, producing great skimmate even better than my ETS, if your skimmer did not produce form, I think you may have to check on the clover injectors, the groves might be too big to produce fine bubbles, its quite senitive to the size fo the clovers, I did not use the clover injector is because it tends to clog easily, alot of maintainence.

Hope you will solve the problem.

Cheers! :whistle:whistle

Chipson1

• SRC Member
Hi Typerobin,

I did my dual injectors skimmer, it was great, producing great skimmate even better than my ETS, if your skimmer did not produce form, I think you may have to check on the clover injectors, the groves might be too big to produce fine bubbles, its quite senitive to the size fo the clovers, I did not use the clover injector is because it tends to clog easily, alot of maintainence.

Hope you will solve the problem.

Cheers! :whistle:whistle

Chipson1

the bubbles are fine enough...but i am still trying to figure out wat's wrong...will update more...

• SRC Member

a lot of burping at the surface right?? Think you let it run for 3 days first... after I modded my skimmer also like that.. a lot of burping... took 3 days for it to break in... after that works fine liao ;)

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
a lot of burping at the surface right?? Think you let it run for 3 days first... after I modded my skimmer also like that.. a lot of burping... took 3 days for it to break in... after that works fine liao ;)

i dun have patience....i want it to run immediately....

aaaarrrrgggghhhhh....so frustrating...

• SRC Supporter

the bubbles are fine enough...but i am still trying to figure out wat's wrong...will update more...

Tyrobin, Do take into account that the acrylic material used contributing to the lack of foaming into your skimmer...

New acrylic tubes might need some time running to rid off traces of chemical/ residues that come along during their manufacturing process.. these sometimes affect the foaming ability ...

That is why some reefers recommend rinsing the reaction chambers of new skimmers with mild detergent before firing up the unit.

Run it for a few days... if by then, nothing happens, then something is really wrong.

But from the way you describe and the pics posted, its most probably the need to "run in" the skimmer.

• SRC Member

Tyrobin, Do take into account that the acrylic material used contributing to the lack of foaming into your skimmer...

New acrylic tubes might need some time running to rid off traces of chemical/ residues that come along during their manufacturing process.. these sometimes affect the foaming ability ...

That is why some reefers recommend rinsing the reaction chambers of new skimmers with mild detergent before firing up the unit.

Run it for a few days... if by then, nothing happens, then something is really wrong.

But from the way you describe and the pics posted, its most probably the need to "run in" the skimmer.

thanks for all the advises...will update more soon....thanks again...

• SRC Member

as compared to a beckett...pls note that the beckett has a 6inch diameter riser neck, mine is only 4inches...

and he is running a H&S at the same time...bet his tank is one of the cleanest in town...3 skimmers running at the same time....Needlewheel, spray injector and beckett...

post-9-1089046931.jpg

• SRC Member

looks tasty...............

yummy....................

good job bro...................

ur R&D ON SKIMMER IS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.......AND OF CAUSE MEET UR REQUIREMENT..................

:bow:

• SRC Supporter
thanks man!! needed the encouragement...

joe, my workmanship is far from yours...still have lotsa things to learn...but as long as it works, dun care liao...not making a living out of it...

Really... That is one piece of excellent work there. :)

Keep on the good work.

• 2 weeks later...