Need some information on some FW fish.

jesperlam

• SRC Member

Need some help regarding the place to get those FW fishes with blue and green strips on their body and are usually kept them in big schools. Whether is it those kind that can be easily bought at any FW LFS. And some information on how to keep the fish. Need some advice on this.

Anyway i'm asking for a friend. :D

:thanks:

Are you refering to cardinal tetra? if yes, they are quite easy to keep. yes some lfs selling at about $1.20 each.

fyi, there are neon tetra and cardinal tetra....... cardinal tetra more beautiful and more ex....

hi there pplz... am jesper's friend here... sorry couldnt post the thread by myself... comp was down... dang... :heh:

ehz... some questions here... cardinal and neon, watz da diff besides da price n quality and looks? some1 here mentioned both are easy to keep, wat r da requirements etc?

50 cardinals for ard 40bucks... will that be too many for a 3ft tank? :D

sorry ah... newbie here... hehe...

btw, i dont intend to keep plants in da tank, can this do? and i intend to place just like maybe a piece of log or something like that only... can??

• SRC Member

if you need to buy cardinal tetra and of large qty can go farm to buy selling at 50pcs for around $20 or maybe cheaper if i never remember wrongly

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member
Sorry for the confusion...its blue or green...yup its cardinal or neon tetra...

Anyone know of places that sell cheap in the west?

Hi there

I get my tetras from the fish farm at LCK (Neo Tiew Crescent). Cheap and healthy.

Cardinals going for 60 cents each. I think most places will sell you for $1.20 or $1.00. Do not confuse that with Neon tetra, which is about half the price of cardinal.

And after that you can go further down the road to see marine fish.. ;)

• SRC Member

Nope. Only neon are captive bred in farms and due to this, they don't last long due to frequent inbreeding( as I was told ). Cardinal are wild caught from Brazil and they do last longer than neon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I think a shop at Farmat sells those.

Maybe 70-80c per cardinal. Is up the slope. After Wakai.

chat with the guy wear spec and he might sells you cheaper when you buy more from him. hehe....

Regards,

Moxa

• SRC Member

Definitely go for the cardinal tetras. They last longer and for neon tetras, they are very succeptible to Neon Tetra Disease (which only affects them) - 1 infection and entire Neon Tetra school wiped out! That's what happened to mine. My cardinals are still alive to this day, 1+ year down the road, although they will die of old age soon.

Is this going to be a pure tetra tank? Plants would be nice to offset thei colors, although a log or something should alos look good.