Roidan's Reef (III)

roidan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok....

here is the interesting part waiting for sugi's confirmation..

if mx100 runs at 350W, it will take about 22.2months or agar 2 years before it proves more expensive than the RD12m3...before 22.2 months.....12m3 is more expensive...

if mx100 runs at 250W, it will take more than 3 years before it becomes more expensive....of coz all these numbers will vary with prices which are sensitive to market conditions and bargaining ;)

post-34-1096092828.jpg

Iwakis 70 and 55 vs the MAK 5 and 4

so MAK5 almost equivalent to 70RT-2

and MAK4 almost equivalent to 55RT-2

so maybe those who want iwaki 70 or 55 performance can take a look at MAK pumps also from our sponsor...

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18919

disclaimer: me not related to Michael Young and to date have not bought anything from him yet...hehehe...i am just making suggestions based on what i see from the graph :P

post-34-1096095588.jpg

• SRC Member
yuma fragging? :yeah:

hahah...secretary hamann..please see to it :P:lol:

kidding lah...lol...

anyway some frens tell me to increase the blue in the lighting to get yumas to be redder....other than the immediate redness in appearance due to the blue...i mean really make the red stuff in the yumas turn more red....dunno how true is that :unsure:

look at the price US reefers are paying for their red yumas

http://www.aqua-dreams.com/pictures1/

no wonder any sensible indo supplier will ship straight to USA and earn more ...

USD250...that's SGD$425 for a red yuma :blink:

Yuma Fragging ?? :huh: the biggest yuma got to go first :lol: since u have so many :lol: Guys get ready all chiong to Roidan house :lol: remember to bring tools :lol:

Blue light ? I know under 14K it looks more red. mine is 10K, or r u refering to long term under blue light ?

I browse thru RC sometime back... one guy got it for USD 130 per frag......tat also super expensive :(

oh yeah.....

by the time u posted vroom vroom at 1.37pm...i think some already on their way back from there with a good harvest...hehe....but dun begrudge them lah...afterall it's them who inform people like you and I about such nice stuff :)

people share info like that with us, be thankful and appreciative like the old SRC days.....

instead of thinking...."what???? now then come and tell me after you yourself go there and harvested liao" which seems to be the way more and more people interpret things nowadays

dun be infected by the recent wave of conjunctivities.... :lol:

anyway, if you are serious about fragging.....PM me, we can share some pointers and suggestions :)

• SRC Member

people share info like that with us, be thankful and appreciative like the old SRC days.....

instead of thinking...."what???? now then come and tell me after you yourself go there and harvested liao" which seems to be the way more and more people interpret things nowadays

strongly agree with the above statement... , this is wat i bought today .. ;)

post-34-1096108157.jpg

• SRC Member
anyway, if you are serious about fragging.....PM me, we can share some pointers and suggestions :)

heard from fellow reefers that jus use a sharp knife and cut in in the tank water, wonder if it will affect the water conditions ?

den put at low flow area, cover it up with a net or something , so that it will stick to the rock. I'm not fragging into many pieces lar, cos mine drop and fell into a hardly reachable place and stick its foot on one big rocks, so thought of fragging it n place on a small rock.... ;)

totally cool! :)

worth your trip down i feel :) imagine when it aclimatises in a few hours and the meatiness ooze out of the calcerous structure. :yeah: ..

i see pictures like that, i get all excited and happy....like adrenaline flowing..hehe

and i realise that some reefers see those pictures with a different attitude...they have this "this is just what i want and now you have taken it" way of seeing things and start to begrudge you....

well, you paid for these lovely stuff with your hard earned money and went all the way to buy them....dun let them take away the joy of sharing such nice pics with reefers like me who appreciate the pics...

anyway, i just realised we joined SRC around the same time...maybe our thinking different from the newer reefers nowadays....is this wat we call *generation gap*? hahahah..

oh..it was just a year ago..but yet the climate changed so much since then :nc:

kidding lah...take nothing away from newer reefers...we were once there before also....abeit with a different way of thinking that's all :)

• SRC Member

The MAK4 and MAK5 pump are made in Taiwan right? So I guess it is a comparison between China (Resun) and Taiwan pump. But I realized that the MAK4 pump is only 110w, but the MAK5 one is 360W. That's like triple the power consumption.

So if the comparison is right that the MAK 4 is comparable to the Iwaki MD55 and the MAK 5 the Iwaki MD70, then the MAK4 is a much better buy.

heard from fellow reefers that jus use a sharp knife and cut in in the tank water, wonder if it will affect the water conditions ?

den put at low flow area, cover it up with a net or something , so that it will stick to the rock. I'm not fragging into many pieces lar, cos mine drop and fell into a hardly reachable place and stick its foot on one big rocks, so thought of fragging it n place on a small rock.... ;)

from what i know..the mushroom will slime alot after being cut....but i do not think it will cause drastic water conditions to our system as i believe your tank is also quite big.

yeah..the low flow repositioning and cover with mesh is logical otherwise the mushroom flies away...

i am more concerned over the cutting technique....some advocate slicing right thru the mouth .....in short really splitting the mushroom into 2 or more and let them heal

look at my lousy attached pic below....if i ever frag, i would try cutting the *stem/stalk* of the musroom as close to the rock as possible...leaving the parent mushroom virtually intact and remove the parent musroom for remounting somewhere (BLUE CUT)

or ....lift the mushroom up slightly and make a small diagonal cut at the stem....leaving the separated small piece to grow into a separate mushroom...(GREEN CUT)

all these are just theoretical suggestions...i have yet to perform such fragging on any mushrooms... :P

post-34-1096109880.jpg

• SRC Member
anyway, i just realised we joined SRC around the same time...maybe our thinking different from the newer reefers nowadays....is this wat we call *generation gap*? hahahah..

oh..it was just a year ago..but yet the climate changed so much since then :nc:

kidding lah...take nothing away from newer reefers...we were once there before also....abeit with a different way of thinking that's all :)

i do notice things had change compared to last time... tats life. Though been keeping marine even b4 i join SRC, my knowledge still sucks... need to read more <_<

The MAK4 and MAK5 pump are made in Taiwan right? So I guess it is a comparison between China (Resun) and Taiwan pump. But I realized that the MAK4 pump is only 110w, but the MAK5 one is 360W. That's like triple the power consumption.

So if the comparison is right that the MAK 4 is comparable to the Iwaki MD55 and the MAK 5 the Iwaki MD70, then the MAK4 is a much better buy.

you are right...

i was talking to a friend just this afternoon about this....

the MX70 and MAK5 has similar performance...but the MX70 uses 240W whereas the MAK5 draws 360W....in this case the MX70 should be a better choice..

as for the MAK4 vs resun md55....yeah...the MAK4 draws 110W compared to resun which draws 130W with similar flow perfomance...thus MAK4 seems like a better choice than resun md55

but from what i know..the iwaki md55 does not draw 130W....correct me if i am wrong..i will check with my friend who uses an iwaki md55 for the wattage under 50Hz :)

i think i'll try the blue cut tomolo, looks more promising... tomolo will be my first surgery day  :lol:  hope its not too difficult to move some rocks n corals to reach it...  ;)

ok..remember to use a clean blade...

and remember to remove any traces of those anti-rust oil/gel on such new blades :)

what my friends, including some experienced reefers in here, tell me is that dun try because the reds are well known for reacting poorly after fragging....so i am going to tell u the same thing also...take care...if possible keep our curiosity and interest at bay and resist the temptation to frag ;)

in any case, good luck fellow YUMER :)

its situated right behind/under the rocks  <_<

wah....it fell behind ah...i can't even see it from the pic...how did it get light all this time while under the shade?

i thought u wanted to frag your nice and shiok shiok one on the left :lol:

wah...u getting any frens to help you....if u stay sengkang then i sure come over and kaypoh and help u transfer the rocks and corals while u reach for it.

• SRC Member
wah....it fell behind ah...i can't even see it from the pic...how did it get light all this time while under the shade?

i thought u wanted to frag your nice and shiok shiok one on the left :lol:

its bleaching ... but still looks healthy (viewing from side overflow box <_< ) cos its still very bubbly..... ;)

walau the left one i dun dare to frag lar..... unless i have plenty of them den i dun mind trying one :lol:

its bleaching ... but still looks healthy (viewing from side overflow box  <_< ) cos its still very bubbly..... ;)

walau the left one i dun dare to frag lar..... unless i have plenty of them den i dun mind trying one  :lol:

ok..better save it before it bleaches completely...may the force be with you tomorrow :)

hehe..same idea here... ;) ...but next time i see another one i better think twice about buying it even when i have enough bullets in my wallet and it's being offered to me.....scarly buy liao end up dio shoot in here :lol:

but then again, i wun be here much longer also....lao liao..time to retire from the forum scene.....so...those genna conjunctivities no chance to shoot me also :lol::upsidedown::lol:

but make no mistake...i will still be LURKING around :lol::ph34r::fear::lol: