Roidan's Reef (III)

roidan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

ur welcome.... bro u have a Q-tank in ur room too :blink: aniwaes gd luck to ur abt :( hope it recovers :)

no...he put them on the bed and provide TLC... :lol::lol::lol:

A fowlr in his room, right bro? :)

• SRC Member

yo roidan...

my ABT also kenna a bit of fin rot....but cant do much..in my main tank liao....still eating like a pig..but fin rot + ick...

dun know survival rates man..

all the best to yours in Q-tank..

IcecruncherZ,

not too sure about that but i did see an ABT in the showtank today.

I really hope our pieces wun get fullblown severity of such an attack..i am currently using Waterlife Myzaxin, but i also have Seachem Paraguard which i bought a long time ago but haven't got the chance to open it up to use...

both are similar in a way that they are broad spectrum bacteriacide..

but the seachem paraguard does not have formalin..whereas the myzaxin has formaldehyde

• SRC Member

Dosing either will be a problem, unless I can catch that little bugger out, but he's too fast (or maybe I'm too slow)

I've been trying to get some information off the net, but I havent been productive. Roidan, do you have any idea if FW dips will be effective in our cases? :(

Dosing either will be a problem, unless I can catch that little bugger out, but he's too fast  (or maybe I'm too slow)

I've been trying to get some information off the net, but I havent been productive.  Roidan, do you have any idea if FW dips will be effective in our cases?  :(

I always believe that FW dip cause more harm than good... Yes upon dipping some parasite maybe remove but those very stubborn one may not fall off... and upon adding to tank.. those free swimming stage of the parasite will once again attack the fish and this time worst cos the fish is much more weaker and stress ;);)

My ABT got it but i left it alone.. after few days.. its gone ;);)

personally, i really mean personally, i do not like freshwater dip as i feel that it stresses the fish more rather than kill what it is supposed to kill.

In the end the fish upon further stress may just give up fighting.

My preferred way for my ABT is change water more frequently, use myzaxin, and feed it a well balanced diet. It does help alot that my piece is eating well for now at least.

But you never know when the condition may worsen till it stops eating. By then, it's just the path of no return.

personally, i really mean personally, i do not like freshwater dip as i feel that it stress the fish more rather than kill what it is supposed to kill.

In the end the fish upon further stress may just give up fighting.

My preferred way for my ABT is change water more frequently, use myzaxin, and feed it a well balanced diet. It does help alot that my piece is eating well for now at least.

But you never know when the condition may worsen till it stops eating. By then, it's just the path of no return.

hehe mine is gettign fiercer by day..... now start to challenge sohal for throne again. anyway its eating everything i give.. brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, ulva, pang chai, cyclopeeze, pellet food, prawn meat

• SRC Member

Mine only eats LARGE whole mysis or brine, but he eats it so ravenously. He wont touch cyclopeeze or even Henry's food!

As long as he's eating, I'm not overly worried, as Roidan says, hope that the condition doesnt become full blown!

Strange that all our ABTs got it to a certain extent... :P

dispar,

lucky you...and luckily for me, i did not release him immediately into my main system after buying, otherwise i wun be able to eat properly these few days seeing him develop such stuff together with all my fishes around him :sick:

IcecruncherZ,

probably the ABTs cannot get used to what we can provide for them...

thus they were susceptible to this disease...

never mind, we just do what we can for them, the rest, is up to the fishes themselves :)

dispar,

lucky you...and luckily for me, i did not release him immediately into my main system after buying, otherwise i wun be able to eat properly these few days seeing him develop such stuff together with all my fishes around him :sick:

IcecruncherZ,

probably the ABTs cannot get used to what we can provide for them...

thus they were susceptible to this disease...

never mind, we just do what we can for them, the rest, is up to the fishes themselves :)

haha yah.. i just heck care and throw into main system