Buying A Car

nqh71

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think for 2 litres cars - camry got the best fuel consumption. Heard the new camry is coming out call solara -- 2 door babe :D

i dunno about the other 2litres japs..

but i am very happy with mine...very quiet but the power is there when i want it. although all the power i need is to do a safe overtaking :P

the 2.4 powerband is more responsive....but higher road tax, slightly higher consumption makes a difference....

in the states..they have a 3litre version :sick:

the boot is hell big...yes...it's bigger than my uncle's old volvo 940T's boot i believe...

go to toyota showroom and open the boot of the camry....it's a whole new world of space in there :)

• SRC Member

But one thing about camry I find interesting - it has got a intestine daggling at the bottom. Some kind of tubing or something - it can be seen pretty obvious from afar.

Any idea why it is made this way -- wouldn't it be dangerous ?

But one thing about camry I find interesting - it has got a intestine daggling at the bottom.  Some kind of tubing or something - it can be seen pretty obvious from afar.

Any idea why it is made this way -- wouldn't it be dangerous ?

you mean the view from behind right? in between the 2 rear wheels?

yeah..i noticed that when i see other camrys in front..i wonder what that is also....

but so far i go across large humps even at lorong halus, haven't heard a CLONK sound yet..hehee

hope not :lol:

i wonder what that is also :unsure:

but seriously i like the look of the toyota vios...make it black please....

i would buy one for my gf if i have the spare cash..

but she would rather be chauffeaured around by me...as what i do for the rest of the family....free chauffeaur <_<

actually nowadays when you stop at any traffic lights, you will definitely most likely see a new vios, altis or camry beside you....the toyota SEs must be having huge commission all year round....i waited over 2 months when i booked mine around jan...collected end march

• SRC Member

Yah ... you also notice that .... I think alot of camry driver don't notice that..

Otherwise it is really a very beautiful car -- very tempting ..

But I think camry really value for money --- your boot space, can put my baby pram in the vertical position :D

• SRC Member

Not surprising -- most of the sales person jump to toyotas ... that's what I heard....

So far even in Japan ... toyotas are number 1 man .....just came back from Japan and visited the toyotas showroom ... and guess what it is operated via vending machine man .....

You want to view a car -- just press button and the car come down from a lift and move right before your eyes...

I will check if I have the photos ....will upload them

• SRC Member

I think the intestine is unique to all Toyotas. However, most obvious in Camry. Everytime I see it, I wonder if it would fall off. Also scare for them when going over hump.

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member

If considering Camry, why not Accord or Mazda 6?

If you push it a bit more you can get a Cefiro 230 or Nissan X-Trail which gives you lots of space and sporty look for $100K.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
Yah ... you also notice that .... I think alot of camry driver don't notice that..

Otherwise it is really a very beautiful car -- very tempting ..

But I think camry really value for money --- your boot space, can put my baby pram in the vertical position :D

Really, I never seem new camary yet.

What is the actualy size L of the booth ?

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

Not surprising -- most of the sales person jump to toyotas ... that's what I heard....

So far even in Japan ... toyotas are number 1 man .....just came back from Japan and visited the toyotas showroom ... and guess what it is operated via vending machine man .....

You want to view a car -- just press button and the car come down from a lift and move right before your eyes...

I will check if I have the photos ....will upload them

wah liew... :blink::blink::blink:

so stylo?? abit non-humanised approach to selling though :unsure:

• SRC Member
If considering Camry, why not Accord or Mazda 6?

If you push it a bit more you can get a Cefiro 230 or Nissan X-Trail which gives you lots of space and sporty look for $100K.

If you are considering Mazda 6 or Accord, why not Mazda 9 or Nissan Cefiro

If you are considering Nissan Cefiro, why not BeMaa 3, or C or Audi A4

If you are considering BeeMaa 3 , or C or Audi A4 than why not BeeMaa 5 , E or A6

If you are considering BeeMaa 5 , or E or Audi A6 than why not BeeMaa 7 , S or A8

If you are considering BeeMaa 7 , or S or A8 than why not ......

It's never ending story like having a reef tank.

Good news is that you could not sell like SPS frag or skimmer from reeftank.

Otherwise, we could see selling engine, break, ABS........... to upgrade

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

Really, I never seem new camary yet.

What is the actualy size L of the booth ?

i need to go to the car to flip the car manual..

but from what i get from the net...it is about

567litres boot capacity

i dunno if it sounds big to you..but go open it up...it is big..trust me...

my family so happy that can go grocery shopping and buy more and fill up the whole boot with stuff <_<

• SRC Member

i need to go to the car to flip the car manual..

but from what i get from the net...it is about

567litres boot capacity

i dunno if it sounds big to you..but go open it up...it is big..trust me...

my family so happy that can go grocery shopping and buy more and fill up the whole boot with stuff <_<

Believe, when I bought my car it's the biggest boot 550L....

2 years after my boot seem to be a bit small :)

Anyway, my boot can put 4 golf bags with 4 small bags or

My wife's one month bangkok shopping trip..... :cry2:

Ocean Gump

Believe, when I bought my car it's the biggest boot 550L....

2 years after my boot seem to be a bit small :)

Anyway, my boot can put 4 golf bags with 4 small bags or

My wife's one month bangkok shopping trip..... :cry2:

not bad liao...550 litres is big enough...hehe

life is like this....now i am still at the stage of being a dutiful son and a loving bf....

chauffeaur here..chauffeaur there....have to learn to make it a pleasure

next time in future....dutiful son, loving husband, caring dad....

chauffeaur here, chauffeaur there, chauffeaur everywhere..

and to think my life is just beginning only <_<:(:cry::cry2:

• SRC Member
It's never ending story like having a reef tank.

Good news is that you could not sell like SPS frag or skimmer from reeftank.

Otherwise, we could see selling engine, break, ABS........... to upgrade

Always consider the alternative!

I ended up getting a car that wasn't on my initial list. One day, after test driving all the cars on the list thought I should see the alternative car and headed to the show room for a test drive. Took a spin in it and love it, so bought it.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

not bad liao...550 litres is big enough...hehe

life is like this....now i am still at the stage of being a dutiful son and a loving bf....

chauffeaur here..chauffeaur there....have to learn to make it a pleasure

next time in future....dutiful son, loving husband, caring dad....

chauffeaur here, chauffeaur there, chauffeaur everywhere..

and to think my life is just beginning only <_<:(:cry::cry2:

Yep lar, caring dad, loving husband ( have to cause she help me while changing water ), HOLIDAY , SAT and SUN mean I am DRIVERRRRRRRRRRR.

( Shhhhhh, weekday @ LFS lar :) )

So will you

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

But I didn't know that toyotas got so many range until I visit their showrooms ... there are so many cars not even in singapore. Those are the higher range ......2.5 to 3 lit.

If you look at the prices -- their prices are also freaking cheap even with with expensive parking . Singapore cost of car ownership still the highest. ;)

My car is actually MY wife's taxi   :D

i think most of us can retire to be taxi drivers when old....all drive to farms to lim kopi and chit chat next time :lol:

and not to mention...start to charge our wives BY THE METER :lol:

flexi-time work...just the kind of work i like..

then got time to chiong lfs during shipment :lol: