Bedok area blackout!

FuEl

• SRC Member

Darn....you guys are lucky... Me at punggol got black out for 2hrs..

When the pump turn on, I smell acro soup brewing in my tank...slime flying all over, but I too tired, went to bed and enjoy my aircon first :P

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

I already got the APC 700 smart UPS, but batt run flat liao, need to replace the 2 batt. Any bro kind enough to buy for me???? No time to go Sim Lim walk walk leh...

Save the money buy the 500VA APC UPS. cheap and good :P $72 at sim lim.

wah liew..cannot lah..

the normal ones with stepped modified sine wave doesnt work with my eheims and tunze streams...try before liao..somehow the eheim turned noisy and not much water flow come out..

the stream no noise, the blade inside was turning..but no significant water push out...

so forget it...u need the pure sine wave models...other brands also have....

if wanna use modified sine wave models, they do ok if u just want to run some lights....

and hor 500VA....it wun be able to give you comfort of mind once the black out passes the 1hr stage...depending on what you run...the initial draw will be quite significant...may not last you 1 hour even...hehe

surfedelic:

there is one on yahoo auctions now...

exactly same model as mine...here

http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/sg...50?aucview=0x23

i got it much cheaper from fren

there are alot of features in it..actually not needed for aquarium uses as it was meant for computer servers backup...but we need the pure sine waveform to get our pumps to work properly....so bo bian...

APC only their SMART models incoporate the pure sine wave....the rest are all modified or stepped wave...other brands also have a distinction between their normal models and pure sine wave models..

check the specs sheet before you buy...if not bring home liao..have to bring back again to change...and...such UPS tend to be quite heavy even if you have a car...the walking with it from the shop to carpark and vice versa is enough to leave you panting...

or maybe it's just me...i am not fit enough :lol:

• SRC Member

wah liew..cannot lah..

the normal ones with stepped modified sine wave doesnt work with my eheims and tunze streams...try before liao..somehow the eheim turned noisy and not much water flow come out..

the stream no noise, the blade inside was turning..but no significant water push out...

so forget it...u need the pure sine wave models...other brands also have....

if wanna use modified sine wave models, they do ok if u just want to run some lights....

and hor 500VA....it wun be able to give you comfort of mind once the black out passes the 1hr stage...depending on what you run...the initial draw will be quite significant...may not last you 1 hour even...hehe

well maybe he just using it to run only one tunze 6060.. which is only 12watts only... so should be last for more then 1 hrs... or even up to 2

if only 6060...then possible...

but imagine you are overseas...you will rather get one knowing that it will outlast the longest blackout....

i was telling myself...if the battery out of juice liao..i must go stir water liao...

this morning wun have strength to type already...

but before the battery can stretch its legs...power back on...lol

so you may be right in getting a smaller model to run a small stream... :)

so far in singapore history how long was the longest blackout ah...hehe

haha...

yeah lor...coz the smart models meant for backup up servers..they got a whole load of rubbish functions that we do not need one...lol

you can even link the UPS via USB port to manage its functions...lol

but we need the pure wave form...and that's what makes it expensive lor...

if you dun believe..go buy the $72 one....go home try on your lights and pumps..

the lights will work well, abeit abit of flickering more than usual...but at least light up....

for eheim pump..i used 1262 to try...totally cannot flow well....

maybe other pumps can...

afterall it's $72, you can use it to back up your computer if really not suitable in the end...hehe

for all you know...my trial wasn't comprehensive enough and maybe indeed some pumps can run on the cheaper modified sine wave models :)

• SRC Member

That's BS! :blink:

There should be enough gas supplies in Singapore to ensure the power station generators are running for at least a few days.

Are we that dependant on regular gas supplies that a turn of the gas tap and the economy of Singapore grinds to a halt? :erm:

Unfortunately it is!

An insight on the gas supply from Indonesia:

Pertamina (Indonesia's National Oil Company) and Sembawang Gas (Singapore) entered an agreement to supply gas from the West Natuna gas fields to the industrial complexes of Singapore. As a result, Conoco Indonesia Inc., as operator for the West Natuna Group JV, planned the West Natuna Transportation System. The 28" diameter trunkline, 600 km long, high pressure gas-pipeline was laid from Singapore to West Natuna Oil Field in the Indonesian Continental Shelf.Partners in the West Natuna Group JV were Conoco Indonesia Inc., Premier Oil, Natuna Sea Ltd. and Gulf Resources Kakap Ltd..

Under a production sharing contract with Indonesia's state oil company, Pertamina, the West Natuna Gas consortium has a contract to supply gas to Sembawang Gas (SembGas) of Singapore for 22 years. The West Natuna Gas consortium includes Premier Oil Natuna Sea Ltd. of Brain and Gulf Indonesia Resources of Canada.

Gas sales to Singapore's SembCorp Gas will continue for over twenty-two years. The gas will be sold on to various end users including SUT Co-Gen, Tuas Power and Exxon Chemicals. Initial deliveries are expected to build rapidly over the next few months to over 150 million standard cubic feet of gas per day (mmscfd). Thereafter gas sales volumes are expected to reach a plateau level of around 325 mmscfd. Over the life of the contract 2.5 trillion cubic feet of gas will be produced generating in excess of $8 billion in gross revenues (Premier has the largest stake at 28%).

The gas delivered will be on-sold on to Singapore (power generators 80%, chemical companies 18%, small industrial users 2%)

Contractual overview

·The GSA is supported upstream by gas supply agreements between Pertamina and the PSC’s

·End user agreements back to back with the GSA govern the on-sale of gas to end users in Singapore

·A Buyers' Agreement addresses nomination procedures and the addition or removal of buyers and their delivery points

·The contractual structure also includes gas supply agreements and production sharing contracts

·A Co-ordination Agreement deals with the development and operation of the Singapore section of the West Natuna Gas Pipeline

·Transportation agreements provide for shipping of gas through each section of the West Natuna Gas Pipeline

·Various EPC and O&M agreements were entered into for the West Natuna Gas Pipeline as well as the onshore receiving and transportation facilities

Its a very complex contract....and my company did supply some equipments as well.....Just wondering what is the compensation/panelty on this disrruption of supply.....hmm......

post-11-1088564143.jpg

• SRC Member

Lucky Tampines not affected....but there was once my BLK electric got cut off....coz they doing some maintainance for 1 hr....i have to stir the water coz no batt air pump....now buy the batt air pump liew..in case..any of such stuff happen again...think yesterday blackout serve as a warning to us...dun take thing for granted...always be prepared for such cases liew...by the way...any1 lost any LS becoz of yesterdae blackout?

Hi Roidan,

Just wondering, how do you connect up the equipments to the UPS? The standard power cable for the UPS is meant for computer leh.  :erm:

can...if you look at the back of the UPS...it's those kind of 3pin connection like those monitor power cable..

i bought an adaptor at sim lim sqaure....that can plug into this socket and yet this adapter has a normal 3 pin hole that you can plug your 3pin or 2pin devices...

this adaptor less than 20 i think

but hor..in the end i never use...i duno where i throw this adaptor..if i can find again i take the pic for you to see..

in the end i use a similar shape cable to plug into the back of the UPS (outlet) and then cut the cable and join it to a normal 3pin hole power socket....and then i plug my stream into this socket..hehe

hope u are not confused :P

• SRC Member

I see. U mean can get those convertor type and plug it into the UPS before the power plug. Can share a pix on your UPS?

in the end i use a similar shape cable to plug into the back of the UPS (outlet) and then cut the cable and join it to a normal 3pin hole power socket....and then i plug my stream into this socket..hehe

Its a gd idea. Maybe can strip the extension cord of its cable and replace with the standard cable used by UPS.

Thanks Bro.

I see. U mean can get those convertor type and plug it into the UPS before the power plug. Can share a pix on your UPS?

Its a gd idea. Maybe can strip the extension cord replace its cable instead.

Thanks Bro.

yeah..this is a pic of it...went to to dig for it...

both ends , one female..one male end ....

yeah..tat was wat i did...connect to a power strip with 2 sockets to plug in device...hehe

post-11-1088576797.jpg

I already got the APC 700 smart UPS, but batt run flat liao, need to replace the 2 batt. Any bro kind enough to buy for me???? No time to go Sim Lim walk walk leh...

Sim Lim don't sell the batteries, need to order from APC. My office one also flat, will be ordering from APC. Wonder how much are the batteries :P

• SRC Member

Sim Lim don't sell the batteries, need to order from APC. My office one also flat, will be ordering from APC. Wonder how much are the batteries :P

How often do you need to replace these batt ? I supposed they are lead acid accumulator ?