New batch of SPS at LCK110

• SRC Member

They are selling alot acropora .,, humilis ...many more ...etc But all turns brown already ... you can still get few pieces with some colors... but all I can say is that there is alot about 100 pices i think. The price is 35 bucks for a small one (size of a tennis ball) and 80 bucks for a big one (open palm).

i too lost in what to choose - ask buck to choose one.... solid solid one for me..... but so far don't know how solid as I think it is still recuperating..still cannot see the color ;)

But all turns brown already ... you can still get few pieces with some colors...

yeah man...i saw...

some newbies who see them will get excited instead....maybe they will feel

wahhh...although brown, but start to colour at the tips already :lol:

sorry hor...its the other way round....it was all colour at harvest...but already start to brown from bottom all the way up liao....delay somemore end up the colour tips also gone :lol:

i brought a fren who is a complete newbie to reefing to see sps once...he say...wahhh..so nice..got purple or baby blue tips at the end....like dat means very good issit..

then i show him a book with sps in full colour, he wahhhh....he din know can have such colourful sticks in the ocean :lol:

• SRC Member

yeah man...i saw...

sorry hor...its the other way round....it was all colour at harvest...but already start to brown from bottom all the way up liao....delay somemore end up the colour tips also gone :lol:

color gone nvm one la... if your tank condition correct it will come back and maybe of different color...

if your tank condition suck.. even whole thing color put it into tank will turn brown also...

so why waste money to pay the extra to get color sps..

• SRC Supporter

color gone nvm one la... if your tank condition correct it will come back and maybe of different color...

if your tank condition suck.. even whole thing color put it into tank will turn brown also...

so why waste money to pay the extra to get color sps..

Alan, like the way you think... except one issue... it sometimes take a really long time for them to colour back... even in good conditions..

Ever waited 9 months for one to colour up?? :rolleyes:

yeah man..

some reefers i know purposely like to get such sps..

coz its reasonably cheaper....and yet can get a TIKAM feeling..

you never completely know how it's going to turn out :)

but like joe said...sometimes the wait for it to colour up can be quite agonising..

you may tell yourself to pay more for better coloured ones next time..

no point facing a tank of glico sticks and then hope that in months to come, they will colour up...

sometimes the patience and hope just turns to sheer frustration...

heng i am not in this expensive hobby of sps......er....yet :P

• SRC Member

no one can tell you what color a sps will become..

u can have a green sps which turn brown and become blue when it color up... it's all depend on the water parameter and the light wave the sps is having at that point of time when it start to color up...

• SRC Member

Alan, like the way you think... except one issue... it sometimes take a really long time for them to colour back... even in good conditions..

Ever waited 9 months for one to colour up?? :rolleyes:

well that's the part of reefing sps...

u wait and wait and pray and pray for it to color up...

lolz..

• SRC Member
Hmmm , but if u buy an already blue specimen and water condition good enuff not to brown it... it will stay brown and not change color to purple/green etc etc rite?

yup it will stay brown till water condition back to gd lor.. and will have to depend on that point of time what the sps is receiving...

from what I can remember iron give of green sps.. and some other stuff help u get different color of sps...forget what the rest of the stuff...

• SRC Member

yeah man...i saw...

i brought a fren who is a complete newbie to reefing to see sps once...he say...wahhh..so nice..got purple or baby blue tips at the end....like dat means very good issit..

then i show him a book with sps in full colour, he wahhhh....he din know can have such colourful sticks in the ocean :lol:

you are talking to one :lol: Got excited man ... freak my wife call me.....opportunity so hard to come by -- seldom be the first to reach there ....

Lesson learned anyway.

Sometimes I think it is safer to buy from reefers here.

I think all in all left less than 5 pieces with colors .... i grap one of the pieces.

• SRC Supporter
no one can tell you what color a sps will become..

u can have a green sps which turn brown and become blue when it color up... it's all depend on the water parameter and the light wave the sps is having at that point of time when it start to color up...

I have a colony previously that did jus this..

Got it sh*t brown ..

Morphed into a dark green after 3 months

then into emerald green in another 3 months.

Turned bright yellow with green polyps in another 3 months

and pink tips start to appear on the the colony..its a tricolour (weird colouration though) and a really long wait.

but it finally go up lorry due to my last downgrade.

Fortunately, I still have some frags in others reef.. only one issue is to figure out which reefer got them... :P hoping thay did not turn brown. Hate the idea of going thru the whole process again..

Now waiting for my brown milli to regain its pink body with blue scales colouration . :(

• SRC Member

I have a colony previously that did jus this..

Got it sh*t brown ..

Morphed into a dark green after 3 months

then into emerald green in another 3 months.

Turned bright yellow with green polyps in another 3 months

and pink tips start to appear on the the colony..its a tricolour (weird colouration though) and a really long wait.

but it finally go up lorry due to my last downgrade.

Fortunately, I still have some frags in others reef.. only one issue is to figure out which reefer got them... :P hoping thay did not turn brown. Hate the idea of going thru the whole process again..

Now waiting for my brown milli to regain its pink body with blue scales colouration . :(

Wow that's really a long time to see it color up.

yeah man..

some reefers i know purposely like to get such sps..

coz its reasonably cheaper....and yet can get a TIKAM feeling..

you never completely know how it's going to turn out :)

but like joe said...sometimes the wait for it to colour up can be quite agonising..

you may tell yourself to pay more for better coloured ones next time..

no point facing a tank of glico sticks and then hope that in months to come, they will colour up...

sometimes the patience and hope just turns to sheer frustration...

heng i am not in this expensive hobby of sps......er....yet :P

Convert to 2 ft mini sps frag tanks. :evil:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
They are selling alot acropora .,, humilis ...many more ...etc But all turns brown already ... you can still get few pieces with some colors... but all I can say is that there is alot about 100 pices i think. The price is 35 bucks for a small one (size of a tennis ball) and 80 bucks for a big one (open palm).

i too lost in what to choose - ask buck to choose one.... solid solid one for me..... but so far don't know how solid as I think it is still recuperating..still cannot see the color ;)

if turning brown and at the rate.... :pirate: