Golden Angel vs Coral Beauty

• SRC Member

had bought a golden angel few weeks a go n was living well but not sure if it eats. so far has been hiding till i 'deploy' the coral beauty. juz saw my golden angel died but dun seems to be in hunger state. thot new angel that was introuduced to tank will normally be 'bullied'? very upset when i saw my golden angel died. :( but saw my coral beauty happily eating n swimming ard. :pinch:

sianz.

Without your knowledge, the coral beauty could be bulyying your coral beauty and stressing it out... The coralbeauty is a pretty agressive fish and maybe the Golden was starved and when the coral beauty was introduced, it was stressed out... :(

Vincent Ho

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
had bought a golden angel few weeks a go n was living well but not sure if it eats. so far has been hiding till i 'deploy' the coral beauty. juz saw my golden angel died but dun seems to be in hunger state. thot new angel that was introuduced to tank will normally be 'bullied'? very upset when i saw my golden angel died.  :(  but saw my coral beauty happily eating n swimming ard.  :pinch:

sianz.

Golden Angle generally are very shy thus it will be hidding most of the time and it also need to be train to eat normal fish food before it can be release to the main tank. As being a shy angel it will not dare to compit food with the rest. Golden angel is also one the dwarf angel is difficult to keep.

Coral Beauty on the other hand is quite bold and easier to maintain. My coral beauty is already swimming with the rest of the pack after 1.5weeks.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

Golden Angle generally are very shy thus it will be hidding most of the time and it also need to be train to eat normal fish food before it can be release to the main tank. As being a shy angel it will not dare to compit food with the rest. Golden angel is also one the dwarf angel is difficult to keep.

Coral Beauty on the other hand is quite bold and easier to maintain. My coral beauty is already swimming with the rest of the pack after 1.5weeks.

Bro, with u dun have a nasty pack of fish, it can be swimming together after one day! :)

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Yep, Rav 65 is right, golden is not an easy fish to keep. Eventhough this fish can be live with prepare food, but this fish is still a shy fish. So presume you can keep this golden but you can't hope to enjoy the beautiness of this fish, may be until the fish dead many years later. I heard a story from my lfs, he kept golden in his show tank, but he never saw the fish, he knew that the fish is not dead because he often saw the fish dasting along the crevices inside the rockwork, but he never saw the fish give a show appereance in the open area. That's why i don't interest to try my luck in keeping this expensive beauty but can't see it, it's like a waste of money. IMHO

• SRC Member
Yep, Rav 65 is right, golden is not an easy fish to keep. Eventhough this fish can be live with prepare food, but this fish is still a shy fish. So presume you can keep this golden but you can't hope to enjoy the beautiness of this fish, may be until the fish dead many years later. I heard a story from my lfs, he kept golden in his show tank, but he never saw the fish, he knew that the fish is not dead because he often saw the fish dasting along the crevices inside the rockwork, but he never saw the fish give a show appereance in the open area. That's why i don't interest to try my luck in keeping this expensive beauty but can't see it, it's like a waste of money. IMHO

True.

My Golden angel was hidden all the time until I intro my Coral beauty. Then the STUPID CARPET ANEMONE have it for supper. :cry2::cry2::cry2:

• SRC Member

neokn,

Did you say carpet anemone? I think in that case you blame the wrong guy. It is not your coral beauty that killed the golden angel. Carpet anemone is one of the most fierceful invertibrate that I have ever come across. It will eat anything. Don't be surprise that your coral beauty becomes its next meal too.

If I were you, I will get rid of the carpet anemone asap.

• SRC Member
neokn,

Did you say carpet anemone? I think in that case you blame the wrong guy. It is not your coral beauty that killed the golden angel. Carpet anemone is one of the most fierceful invertibrate that I have ever come across. It will eat anything. Don't be surprise that your coral beauty becomes its next meal too.

If I were you, I will get rid of the carpet anemone asap.

Sold it to any reefer with 5' tank. He have a collection of the carpet anemone.

I was hoping that the next day when the anemone had it for supper.

• SRC Member

Yeah...agree... same thing goes with those sanddrifting gobies or wrasses... only get to see them once in a while. It is ok if you only pay $5 for the stock and see it for 10minutes a day during feeding. But if you spend about $100, I think is not worth it.

• SRC Member

Agree with your guys.......have never seen my golden angel eating!!??? <_< ..but strangely it look healthy with a fat stomach.....has it been eating my LPS??? :blink: ......always darting around the LR....sigh! <_<

Was comtemplating to add a potter angel or a flame angel but very worried it might be bullied!!! :( ...In a dilemma...to add or not.....if add the which one, flame or potter.....hahaha.....life is full of decision..... :lol:

• SRC Member

i was actually waiting for the golden angel again. but this time, will not into it direct to the tank. maybe keep in a breeding tank 1st n made sure i makan then 'let go'. but expensive sia. no choice as my wife luvs the beauty. :(

Try flame angel, they are more hardy and easy to get.

Yup, agreed, the Flame is easier to keep, I got my Flame for a few months now and the fella everyday happily swimming ad eating.... One of my few successes, it's my 1st Flame angel till now... never lost on b4... unlike the Goldens, lost 4!!! Potter angel lost 2 ( 1 while in my fren's tank... )...

Vincent Ho

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

HUH? :shock: Did you call the police?! :lol:

Maybe I should. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Or I "shot bird" didn't see properly.

So which is which. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

My best guess/ hope against hope that the fella still around cause my algae benny disappear too after 1 week from the day that I intro it to the tank.

Maybe I should. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Or I "shot bird" didn't see properly.

So which is which. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

My best guess/ hope against hope that the fella still around cause my algae benny disappear too after 1 week from the day that I intro it to the tank.

Maybe both!! :lol: You shoot bird, so better call the police come find for you!! :lol:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

did order for flame agel too but hawaii like run out of stock.

juz hope when i intro the golden n flame angels, my coral beauty wun bully them.

Pretty unlikely bro, I dunno about Flame Angel, coz mine's seem pretty tame, but the coral beauty is pretty agressive and I'm sure the Golden would be bullied by it... :)

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
like that sianz liao. cheap fish bully expensive fish. golden angel juz came but haven't collect yet. any idea how to get the coral beauty out?

FYI: my Coral Beauty didn't bully my Elibi angel.

Coral Beauty is easy to remove from tank as they don't hide themselve. Or you may wasn to catch it when you are feeding it.

FYI: my Coral Beauty didn't bully my Elibi angel.

Coral Beauty is easy to remove from tank as they don't hide themselve. Or you may wasn to catch it when you are feeding it.

can use a beta box as a trap if you have one, just feed the fishes in the box and wait for it to enter, den "close sesame!!" :)

post-34-1105890976.jpg