Wanna buy a DAEIL chiller?

Nitro

• SRC Member

Hi fellow hobbists,

Wonder if anyone interested in buying a DAEIL Fish-cooler chiller? I'm thinking of buying one (DBA-110, @ 1/6 HP), thot might able to get a good price if I can have a bulk order. So far the price given to me is 1/6HP at SGD$950. Interested pls PM me, thanx. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
This chiller, DBA-110, @ 1/6 HP, is recommended for what range of tank sizes?

As stated in the website, 400Litres. But I always like to half the capacity cause you wouldn't know when you will be setting up another tank/ upgrading to a bigger one.

By the way, what is your tank size?

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

mine is abt 300L++. 3 ft. so this might be suitable for me. Give me some time to consider? Cause it's a little over my budget. Still got to spend money on other equipment. It's either a good chiller or a good skimmer now. Thanks!

• SRC Member

As stated in the website, 400Litres. But I always like to half the capacity cause you wouldn't know when you will be setting up another tank/ upgrading to a bigger one.

By the way, what is your tank size?

DBA-110 can chill a 3'x2'x2' tank with sump without much prob but do take into consideration the type of lighting you used too... MH produces most heat. NEOKN is rite to say that it's good to get a size bigger (provided one can afford) for future tank upgrade. ML's display tank is using a DBA-110, so far so good.

Hi fellow hobbists,

Wonder if anyone interested in buying a DAEIL Fish-cooler chiller? I'm thinking of buying one (DBA-110, @ 1/6 HP), thot might able to get a good price if I can have a bulk order. So far the price given to me is 1/6HP at SGD$950. Interested pls PM me, thanx. :rolleyes:

bro how much is the DBM-250(1/3HP)?

• SRC Member
mine is abt 300L++. 3 ft. so this might be suitable for me. Give me some time to consider? Cause it's a little over my budget. Still got to spend money on other equipment. It's either a good chiller or a good skimmer now. Thanks!

IMHO. Good skimmer. LS can very much do with or w/o chiller.

Nitro:

The reason why I half it is because.

1. Future upgarding

2. Test of chilller is done w/o the type of lightings we use.

3. As you say, money is a big issue to quite a handful of pple. (Including me) :(:(

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

ok ppl, so far there's two interested in the DBM-250(1/3HP) model... do let me go back and chk with the supplier on it's price. Will let you all know ASAP.

• SRC Member

here's the latest price given to me without any discount yet. 1/10HP @ $880, 1/6HP @ $980, 1/4HP @ $1250 and !/3HP @ $1600. Hopefully we can have a group order and I'll try my very best to bargain a good price for all :)

• SRC Member

Darn....1/3HP a bit out for me....count me in for the 1/4 HP if they can give a better bulk discount....

why not asked him to structure a discount structure so we know where we stand...for example, 3 order discount S$x, 6 order discount S$Y, 9 orders discount S$Z order....etc....

• Sponsor
Hi fellow hobbists,

Nitro,

where you getting your Daeil chillers from. If price is good, I want a 1hp commercial unit. Can you pm me the price?

:thanks:

• SRC Member

Nitro: I am interested in the DBM250 (1/3HP), pm me the payment details.

aquatronica7na.gif

People Will Forget What You Said.

People Will Forget What You Did.

But People Will Never Forget,

How You Make Them Feel.

• SRC Member

Hi ppl,

So far I've got three interested hobbiests, tineng(1/4HP @ $1250), nim75sg(1/3HP @ $1600) and myself(1/4HP @ $1250). I must make this clear first... I'm not getting any commission or selling at a higher price here, no profit make. I'm juz helping to get a group order so everyone can get a resonable chiller at a good price if any.

I'll not ask for any payment till I can confirm no of buyers and the discounted price given to the group by the supplier. Once orders and discounts are confirmed, I'll request all confirmed buyers to txf the amts to my bank and I'll make the purchase. I'll pm all involved party my hp no and NRIC for security and check-back purposes. Is this ok for you? If not, pls suggest a better mode of payment. Thanx!

• SRC Member

I'll highlight one point made know to me by one or more of the reefer. Not sure how true but you might wanna check it out first. Heard that most chiller are not really 1HP(e.g) when the supplier said so. Reasons being that to save on freight or shipping weight cost, these chillers are modified before. Unless you have done your homework and still like to buy the DEAIL chiller due to it's rather small housing size and cost + reasonable performance. Than any group purchase make here will be on individual decision and liability ok? But do be assured that there are after sales servicing avail by the supplier shd any chiller needs servicing in the long run.

• SRC Member
If not, pls suggest a better mode of payment. Thanx!

i'm fine with your proposal, but we must all know the price first..... :D

if the supplier is a proper shop\business, we could all just write the supplier checks...at least the liablilty will be on the supplier and not you....

• SRC Member

Agreed with Tineng that the liability falls on the supplier rather than on you when the payment is directly to the supplier.

Once the negotiation is done for the best deal, we can meet at one place and proceed to the supplier for payment.

Thereafter can lim kopi or whatever for helping us getting a good deal.

aquatronica7na.gif

People Will Forget What You Said.

People Will Forget What You Did.

But People Will Never Forget,

How You Make Them Feel.

• SRC Member

To all fellow marine hobbiests, due to a few keen buyers(incl myself) for the chiller, I'll need to have a dead line for confirmation of buyers as I dun not want to keep the rest waiting. So if anyone wants to buy a DEAIL chiller, pls let me know ASAP than I'll ask for a group discount liao. :) THANX!

For those of us who aledi indicated, stay tuned for any good news... ;)

• SRC Member

Harlo ppl,

I've managed to get a little group discount here rite now. $50 off for the 1/3HP DBM-250 and $40 off for the 1/4HP DBA-200. So it's $1550 for the 1/3HP and $1210 for the 1/4HP. Though the group discount given is not much but I've found out that this is one of the best price offered for a brand new DEAIL Fish-Cooler. Somemore the supplier will individually test-run every chiller purchased before collection.

• SRC Member

Goodday!

I'll also be making a bulk order for Ehiem square cannister filter system together with the DEAIL chiller. Anyone keen on this, do PM me. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

Hi, forgive me but the price stated here is the local price. you can get this chiller locally at this price. The 1/3 is selling at $1600. This is the original manufaturer of the aritca chiller so it is identical except for the logo. I just got a 1/2 hp here. :lol: