Richordeas ......

Joe_P

hi people,

some good news to share. managed to propagate my florida from ML successfully. it looks the same as the one that woon ming posted on the the first page. purplish blue with maroon centre. i've got 3 now!! heh...what a buy...will try to " create" more if possible so that i can sell it away to ricordea xiaos at a discounted price. but dun pm me yet coz i wanna let them recover fully first...

"Save a reef, grow your own"

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
hi people,

some good news to share. managed to propagate my florida from ML successfully. it looks the same as the one that woon ming posted on the the first page. purplish blue with maroon centre. i've got 3 now!! heh...what a buy...will try to " create" more if possible so that i can sell it away to ricordea xiaos at a discounted price. but dun pm me yet coz i wanna let them recover fully first...

Same here, my propagation was a success too.

I try on the neon green florida. Cut into quadrant 1/4.

Form a complete round shape already and now foming the outer edge polyps/bubbles.

Manage to see a faint evolvement of the mouth.

Already attached to the small live rock I provided.

Too bad , my cam can't do close Macro shots to show pics here.

The above process took place 2 1/2 weeks ago.

So far so good. B)

• SRC Member
hi people,

what do u mean by propagate????? plss define..

think it is time to take out the surgical kit......ricordeas...here i come.....keke....

guys, my ricordeas have 3 mouths on one frag....how should I chop it up?

:evil:

• SRC Member
think it is time to take out the surgical kit......ricordeas...here i come.....keke....

guys, my ricordeas have 3 mouths on one frag....how should I chop it up?

:evil:

100% sucess would be cutting it up into 3 parts or pieces since it has 3 mouth..

Dont cut the mouth :)

wow..u're gonna be one rich fellow man!!! haha...yah, why dun u let those with 3 mouths split naturally? it wun take long before they split into 3...at least wun have to risk operating on them...they're afterall $50 a piece

"Save a reef, grow your own"

wanted to do it...but going to wait for a while....dun like to cut $50 dollars up for no reason..... like to find out more first....bo licence to operate.......

woon ming, can show a pic of your receovering ricordea...? :)

wanted to do it...but going to wait for a while....dun like to cut $50 dollars up for no reason..... like to find out more first....bo licence to operate.......

woon ming, can show a pic of your receovering ricordea...? :)

eh cutting up $50 dollars note is illegal you know :lol::lol::lol::lol:

actually..not about the money...ricordea florida dun turn up regularly....so far only ONE LFS brought them in......... hate to let something so rare and few go to waste...maybe can engage woon ming to do the ops...keke................

btw ...if there's on mouth.......I dun think it is ready to be split up at all......(my guesses lah) :)

do it on the dried surface....stick it together....then allow a few sec to dry....lower into a small cup of your tank water...might see some chemical(alcohol probably) floating off....then put back into your tank..negligible lah...my ricordeas are now really nice already...... :D ....will show you later....but no adverse effects leh.....