Why My Lr Spreading Brown All Over The Tank Walls?

• SRC Member

i had cycled my tank for about 2mths now. What i face is, my tank is near the window, but i'll got some window binds to decrease the algae. But lately, my LR are stained with brown patches all over the LR and walls... it seems like spreading every fast, is this normal?

• SRC Member

New tank? Diatoms.

Snails love that stuff.

Less sun will help reduce algae and heat.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

The diatoms doesn't mean anything with respect to the nitrogen cycle, so it does not indicate whether the system is suitable for livestock.

Consider getting some snails to eat the diatom or let it run its course and burn itself up.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
The diatoms doesn't mean anything with respect to the nitrogen cycle, so it does not indicate whether the system is suitable for livestock.

Consider getting some snails to eat the diatom or let it run its course and burn itself up.

mine too...mostly on sandbed n glass... more n more brown stuff now... those brown stuff are called diatoms?

• SRC Member

Turbo, trochus or astrea. Try to get the smallest size possible. Big ones are like bulldozers.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

My turbo snails grow super fast. Anyone wants to exchange small ones for big ones? Big ones, I can even hear their shell knock against the glass when they turn corners!!!

I think (marine) therefore I am