My Diy De Mh

dr evil

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
tks guys for the compliment. its much cheaper to DIY than buying those ready made ones.........

:thanks:

:yeah: nice ~!. no tank cover/hood? :rolleyes:

agree with u ... can save up quite alot

my diy project will be,

diy cabinet (completed), and diy mh hood :( still waiting for my main tank to arrive

save me more then $1k. for corals :eyebrow::D:lol:

I saw a tank at Singapore Science Centre omni max theatre...very nice....without the top cover....can see the 'wave'.... :eyebrow:

very nice tank! We're going to eagarly wait for the rock works.....follow by corals...LS....... :whistle

do keep us updated! :look:

• Sponsor

:yeah: nice ~!. no tank cover/hood? :rolleyes:

agree with u ... can save up quite alot

my diy project will be,

diy cabinet (completed), and diy mh hood :( still waiting for my main tank to arrive

save me more then $1k. for corals :eyebrow::D:lol:

hi anthony,

u eyes are sharp...... :D i do have a hood. as the lights are now 6'' above the water level, will be resting the lights on the hood. so, it will be around 9" above the water level.

as the curent possition, its too glaring........ <_<

• Sponsor
I saw a tank at Singapore Science Centre omni max theatre...very nice....without the top cover....can see the 'wave'.... :eyebrow:

very nice tank! We're going to eagarly wait for the rock works.....follow by corals...LS....... :whistle

do keep us updated! :look:

to transfer from my tub to the main tank............ :( a nighmare to me.....gonna have backache..........

• 2 weeks later...

Wahahah..you all very bad to Dr Evil leh.....

Dr Evil..think you can change profession liao. :D

Lucky I decide go for T5 instead...if not maybe I ask Dr Evil help me also. :angel:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• Sponsor

hi guys,

DIYing is quite simple actually but u need alot of time running around to get the stuff.

If anyone can get the FL casing, i dont mind helping......... :) the casing must be 5.5inch wide and 3.5 inch height in order to mount the MH.

those interested in how it look like.....look at the MH in action.

post-9-1062982027.jpg

• Sponsor
interested in setting up a MH lighting for my 2ft as well.. can help me? :) where to get the lighting and wat is teh total cost?

hi FInKL^GiR|,

the MH set cost is only $100. include misc @ $20-30. that all u should spend....but, u need to find a suitable casing to mount.

Unless u want to have it bare..... :D

this will not include the bulb...........