What Do We Need To Keep Jellyfish??

• SRC Member

Saw at PSB baby jellyfish got one of it anyway any of u can warn me of precautions keeping it.. i mean wanna keep it healthy.. do they need cold water???

or anything special?? food?? what do they mainly eat??

are the possible to keep??

thanks..

:bow:

• SRC Member

hihi mate

3 yrs ago I saw this bluish jelly fish at Reb.... n bgt it for $25 . Shdnt hv done it becos it keeps getting stuck in my wet / dry trickle filter inlet.

Hope u dont hv one of those.

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

hmmm if i remember correctly, there was this thread awhile back.. they need really cold water... 22 degrees? or was is 20? not too sure... there're deep sea anyway.. and it's cold there... ;)

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

yesterday went to reborn, they have about 10-15 packets of jelly fishes. WOW.. this is my first time seeing baby jellys.. so cute.. so small. some more got colour one.. light sky blue, got green... the colours are really nice.. but i think its rather hard to rear...

• SRC Member

There is one kind of jellyfish wh I successfully kept for abt 1 yr a few years ago. Its those that usually rest on the sandbed upsidedown. Greenish translucent in colour. I caught it at Sentosa before they destroyed the beautiful reef at the thrid lagoon. Fed it liquidfry marine & it survived. Released it back into the sea after about 1 yr becos then bgt a wrasse wh keeps picking on the jellyfish.

Yes jellyfish shd be kept in a species tank.

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :