Star Trek or Star Wars?

victorp

Are you a Star Trek or Star Wars fan?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Star Trek or Star Wars fan?

• I am a "...to boldly go where no one has gone before..." Star Trek fan.
    • I am a "...may the force be with you..." Star Wars fan.

I'm a star wars fan too. The x-wings, the dog-fights, death star etc. Damn obsessed with the light saber when I was young.

But actually if you sit back and think about it, it is always Star Trek gadgets that came into reality after decades.

In the past, talking to computers were thought to be impossible. Star trek has this fantastic simulation room that receives instruction via voice. Look at what we have now, speech recognition systems (albiet immature).

What about their communication devices (Captain Kirk era)? Look at the size of our cellphones now.

Of course, many can argue that ideas of Star wars of the past had also fuelled the development of many present-day technologies. However, IMO, quite a number of (techno or bio) research had actually stemmed from sci-fi movies, particularly star trek.

:peace:

• SRC Member
I like to see Darthie try to mind control a borg.... he'll probably get assimilated.... ;)

nope, he cant get assimilated cos he is already half man half machine and the dark force is too strong to be wiped away from his mind.

i like both but not everthing.

for star wars, the original 3 is good but the 2 news ones are so so although i really love some parts like when yoda fights using his light sabre. other than that, too many non human and makes it look like animated film. hope the revenge of the sith is going to be better.

for star trek, some episodes can really bore u and as for the movies, not sure how many there are but the action tends to be limited and story line too narrow. juz like the one one borg. nice cute little borgs but storyline a bit weak.

so if u take the best of both, i vote for star wars.

if u take the worst of both, i think star trek gets more ZZZ from me.

• SRC Member
But actually if you sit back and think about it, it is always Star Trek gadgets that came into reality after decades.

gotta hit u back on this one though u put a peace at the end :pirate:

reason why more star trek gadgets end up as reality is becos star trek gets its stories from lots of freelance writers who submit them for the episodes. hence u get half the world geeks writing these stories and these are the very people who are exploring the gadgets for real world use. they juz put their dreams into the story and voila, star trek has them. so it is the gadgets showing their potential in star trek instead of real world getting ideas from star trek.

yeah i know of a few geeks to submitted their stories and got paid for it although not sure which episodes the stories were translated into.

• SRC Member
[quote name=

reason why more star trek gadgets end up as reality is becos star trek gets its stories from lots of freelance writers who submit them for the episodes. hence u get half the world geeks writing these stories and these are the very people who are exploring the gadgets for real world use. they juz put their dreams into the story and voila' date=' star trek has them. so it is the gadgets showing their potential in star trek instead of real world getting ideas from star trek.

yeah i know of a few geeks to submitted their stories and got paid for it although not sure which episodes the stories were translated into.

FWWAAAHHH......

The force is strong in this one...........

reason why more star trek gadgets end up as reality is becos star trek gets its stories from lots of freelance writers who submit them for the episodes.  hence u get half the world geeks writing these stories and these are the very people who are exploring the gadgets for real world use.  they juz put their dreams into the story and voila, star trek has them.  so it is the gadgets showing their potential in star trek instead of real world getting ideas from star trek.

True. And perhaps this explains why star trek is losing the popularity war... right? :rolleyes: