Earthing an equipment

• SRC Member

Hey bros, often heard you guys said you have earth this equipment or earth this other equipment... What does it mean?

Does it mean I have to change all the two pins and make it three pins? and how do I do it?

Besides earthing equipment, wearing thick rubber soles when working on tank and getting a titanium probe? What other kind of electrical precautions must I take?

What is a circuit breaker and where, how do I install one?

Thanks!

(I am not a "bro", )

anyhoo.....

I would recommend NOT testing a submersible pump, in the kithen sink, while turning it on and off via a extension cable. Or, if you do, wear rubber gloves.

The number of times i have nearly killed myself with electricity has now risen to 3.

Earthing, means connecting to earth. So, yes, connect 3 pin plugs is one way to do it.

I have not done that, i just use 2 pin plugs into a 3 pin extension socket, which is earthed.

Maybe this means i will soon have another near death experience.

Cheery for now....

• SRC Member

It doesn't make sense to convert a 2 pin plug to 3 pin coz there is not extra wire connected to the equipment to earth it.

Converting 2 pin to 3 pin plug is more for easy usage on our local standard 13A switch that's all.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

changing a two pin plug to a three pin plug doesn't earth the thing, as the earthed portion of the plug is suppose to run INTO the appliance's EXTERNAL body *non-metallic preferably*. this is in the event that if one of the cables *Live or Neutral* were to fray and touch the body, the circuit is completed by having the Earth wire relaying back the stray current, instead of your body conducting it. (=

• SRC Member
changing a two pin plug to a three pin plug doesn't earth the thing, as the earthed portion of the plug is suppose to run INTO the appliance's EXTERNAL body *non-metallic preferably*. this is in the event that if one of the cables *Live or Neutral* were to fray and touch the body, the circuit is completed by having the Earth wire relaying back the stray current, instead of your body conducting it. (=

:blink::blink:

So is there any other way to "make safe" an equipment?

and what are circuit breakers?