Porcupinefish anyone??

• SRC Member

Anyone seen any lfs stocking porcupinefishes? And if there is, what's the price like? I've been to quite a number of the marine fish shops but have never come across one with these cute little fishes.. would like to get one for my tank. Anyone already keeping them? dunno if they're hard to keep or will they be compatible with my picasso trigger...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw them at a marine fish shop in Pasir Ris farm, selling $8, about 4 to 5 inches. They had a few tanks of these pufferfishes........... :o Good Luck.....

I saw them at a marine fish shop in Pasir Ris farm, selling $8, about 4 to 5 inches. They had a few tanks of these pufferfishes........... :o Good Luck.....

• SRC Member

shd be no prob keeping with the triggers. i kept my with a clown trigger n purple tangwith no prob at all

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

Actually they are quite common, I have seen it a few times, just that recently there aren't any around. I used to have 3, but lost 2 of them to white spots... I am trying to find a companion for the sole survivor... Quite difficult to find tank mates for them, they will chase down anything that swims and fits into their mouth...