• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

1. King -- Rare, never seen in Singapore, dun know the price

2. Queen -- Rare, one in my tank, size about <2", price is S$ 95-120

3. Asfur -- Common, used to be have one, <2", had gone, price S$ 30-45

4. French - Very common & shame, very hard to keep, about 2 1/2". Gone after 2 wks, price is S$ 35-40

5. Regal - Very common - two in my tank, size : <2" and >2". Price is S$ 25-35

6. Koran - Very very common, Size about 2 1/2" in my tank. Eat lettuce and pallets only, price S$ 15-18.

Other angel fishes in my tank are emperor, flame, yellow, majestic, blue face.

juvenile emperor angel......anyone had any success? Just had my first one died on me. Looked ok, till the last few days when it kept hiding in the crevices.....maybe got pinched by my rogue crab. Contemplating getting another but. Any thoughts?

6ft x 2ft x 3ft

Suggestions so far.

1. Remove coral chips and ceramic rings and replace with live rocks. removed...looking for live rocks now

2. get rid of most of the filter cloth

3. First Buy!!! Skimz FR with Sorb4 and eheim pump

4. Re-doing the sump.....I~aquatic doing up the plans.

5. Lighting MH+T5 or T5 only? how many?

6. Chiller?

7. Wave maker

8. check valve on the return line to prevent sump overflow (great idea)

9. Refugium? Anything to replace it? a FR of some sort maybe?

Tank Inhabitants

1x Blue Tang

1x picasso trigger

2x Brown Tang

1x pygmy angel

2x Stripped Damselfish

3x False Percula Clownfish

juvenile emperor angel......anyone had any success? Just had my first one died on me. Looked ok, till the last few days when it kept hiding in the crevices.....maybe got pinched by my rogue crab. Contemplating getting another but. Any thoughts?

I got no success with Emperor Juveniles too, either they die, or they chew my coral! :sick:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

??? It is very nice what... Especially those that ML have last time... Feeding not really difficult after you got it to eat... It is quite a hardy angel...

Alright lah, not my fave... anyay, if u getting one, must buy one with a yellow belly, dun buy the grey belly ones, coz they are harder to feed... :)

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Asfur... Any personal experience about regal angel being reef safe...

----> From my personal experience, NO. Because i keep a FOWLR. But from reading in many forum, expert aquarist says that regal is the most possible to keep in the reef tank, consider you pick the right coral.

Juve emperor eventhough a beautifull small fish, but this fish is a very hard to keep compare to adult emperor or other juve from koran or annularis. I think juve emperor is depend mostly on sponge and cleaning habit, while other juve are ommivore.

1. King -- Rare, never seen in Singapore, dun know the price

2. Queen -- Rare, one in my tank, size about <2", price is S$ 95-120

3. Asfur -- Common, used to be have one, <2", had gone, price S$ 30-45

4. French - Very common & shame, very hard to keep, about 2 1/2". Gone after 2 wks, price is S$ 35-40

5. Regal - Very common - two in my tank, size : <2" and >2". Price is S$ 25-35

6. Koran - Very very common, Size about 2 1/2" in my tank. Eat lettuce and pallets only, price S$ 15-18.

Other angel fishes in my tank are emperor, flame, yellow, majestic, blue face.

----> Wow wts, you seem have a big tank, since you house almost all kind of big angel. Beaware, once they grow big, they will croud your tank, and very possible that the weakest fish will not survive the battle.

• SRC Member

Juve emperor eventhough a beautifull small fish, but this fish is a very hard to keep compare to adult emperor or other juve from koran or annularis. I think juve emperor is depend mostly on sponge and cleaning habit, while other juve are ommivore.

not too sure...i used to have 2 juv emperor and they feed like pig on brine and mysis.....when they arrived they were smaller then my tang, but after 4 months they have grown larger then the tang....unfortunately had to give them away because they suddenly developed a taste for my coral!!!....anyway, me no expert in angels only kept 2 for 4 months... :P

I don't claim to have success yet but I do have a juvenile emperor for about 2 months now. I got it when he was less than 2 inches but now he has more than doubled in size. I think the initial acclimating period is very important. I took half a day to drip the tank water into the plastic bag before I released him into a holding area in the tank ie roughly 5" by 5" by 5" enclosed by netting. I kept him there for a week, checking for any signs of disease on the fins and body and feeding him garlic soaked frozen brine and pellet food. I also installed a UV sterilizer. After I was quite satisfied that he is healthy, I released him into the tank at night. He hid for most of the time for the first two days (not surprisingly since he was the smallest fish around) but afterwards got bolder and swam out more and more. Now he is out all the time and has become bigger than some of the other fishes.

I know that I have not really quarantined the fish, nor have I kept it away from the other fishes for 3-4weeks, which is normally recommended. But my experience with new fish is that they normally would be down with all the symptoms by the first week, and if they can get past the first 1 or one and a half week, they would survive. Don't ask me why. I do have a QT but my experience with it has not been entirely good.

Anyway, that's my 2 cts worth

I've kept no less than 5 Emperor Juv.... 2-3 died becoz of ich, but there were 2-3 dat died for no apparent reason, even though they were feeding, my latest Emperor Juv decided to eat my brain coral, caught it and sold it away.... Anyway, I've iven up for this fish even though its one of my faves.... :(

post-34-1105890976.jpg

thanks for sharing your experiences with juvenile emperor angels. Sorry to side track this thread from its real topic.

6ft x 2ft x 3ft

Suggestions so far.

1. Remove coral chips and ceramic rings and replace with live rocks. removed...looking for live rocks now

6. Chiller?

7. Wave maker

Tank Inhabitants

1x Blue Tang

1x picasso trigger

2x Brown Tang

1x pygmy angel

2x Stripped Damselfish

thanks for sharing your experiences with juvenile emperor angels. Sorry to side track this thread from its real topic.

No prob bro. 1stly Asfur super nice guy, he wun mind, 2ndly, it's still a discussion of angels mah... see the topic! :)

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Yep Rav-65, that's why i open this topic, just to share amongst angel lover. From this topic, may be we can find a valueable hint how to keep difficult angel.

About juve emperor, i've tried 2 of them few years ago, but both of them are dead because of starvation, they eat but they can't digest well, their condition is thin stomach, i believe it was because of cyanide, because all of the lfs are said almost all fish in indonesia is cyanide caught.

Yep Rav-65, that's why i open this topic, just to share amongst angel lover. From this topic, may be we can find a valueable hint how to keep difficult angel.

About juve emperor, i've tried 2 of them few years ago, but both of them are dead because of starvation, they eat but they can't digest well, their condition is thin stomach, i believe it was because of cyanide, because all of the lfs are said almost all fish in indonesia is cyanide caught.

Probably cyanide is the main cause, I've given up on them, although everytime I see them, I'm soooooo tempted! :( but alas, I tink I got no luck with them, will prefer keeping fishes that are hand-caught from now....

Anyway, anyone got a Cherub Angel Centropyge Argi? Would love to get my hands on one!! :yeah:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

yeah, my juve emperor angel was also ok intinially, grazing and active until one day it just hid inside the rocks and a few days later, it floated up to my overflow. Hope to try again.

Rest of my angels ok though....in fact doing very well.

Anyone with golden angel??? Care to share how difficult is it to keep??

6ft x 2ft x 3ft

Suggestions so far.

6. Chiller?

7. Wave maker

Tank Inhabitants

1x Blue Tang

1x picasso trigger

2x Brown Tang

1x pygmy angel

2x Stripped Damselfish

yeah, my juve emperor angel was also ok intinially, grazing and active until one day it just hid inside the rocks and a few days later, it floated up to my overflow. Hope to try again.

Rest of my angels ok though....in fact doing very well.

Anyone with golden angel??? Care to share how difficult is it to keep??

Very tough bro.... i lost 5 liao... :(

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Very tough bro.... i lost 5 liao... :(

Wa bro, 5!. I better think twice when I see a Golden Angel next time. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

I lost 2 already. Now, having the 3rd one in my tank. Doesn't see it too often but it will peep out of the LR once in awhile or swim out to show me that it's still alive. Never see it eat though, so I bought red bamboo aglae in case it decide to eat.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png