Discussion about angelfish!!!!

Golden angels are naturally very shy.......angels are shy fishes....this one is worst.....

very cave dwelling kind....likes to swim among the rock works and crevices...

feeding is also tough and they tend to get bullied by other fishes ....

Collection is tough as well, coz they like to hide about little caves, divers either had to break the reef rockworks or use the 'squirt bottle' to get to them :( , they normally arrived very stressed or poisoned ......

all these factors contributed to the fact that it is a tough one to keep.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
I think juve emperor is depend mostly on sponge and cleaning habit, while other juve are ommivore.

not too sure, my Juv Emperor feed on Mysis and BS like a pig!!!! But then i got interested in my corals.....so had to give it away.... :(

now that i gave up on LPS....maybe i'll try then again....

Yep, golden angel is a very shy dwarf amongst all dwarf angel, i've heard a story from one of my local lfs, he ever had a display tank that housed 1 golden angel, but start from the day he put the golden angel to few years later, he never saw the golden did a show appearance, infact he just know that the golden was still alive because the fish is darting in the LR.

• SRC Member
Rest of my angels ok though....in fact doing very well.

Anyone with golden angel??? Care to share how difficult is it to keep??

After some observation when placed in a float netting to acclimatize the fish, she tends to try too hard to escape and I could see that she'll soon damage her mouth, hence I decided to release her sooner rather than later.

This is the first dwarf angel in the tank, with plenty of rock crevices for her to hide in... very shy indeed... always the first to back away from any encounter. She is only about 1 inch in size.

The fish started to nib/peck at rock walls all of the time until about six weeks later when I noticed that she took the remains some left overs... after that it was easy. Nowadays she comes up and competes for her fair share of takings... still always being chased away, always finding a way round to get the food.

About 4 weeks after I got her, I put in a Poterri, which is very aggressive towards the Golden, but somehow it is because of Poterri that the Golden angel shows herself more. The poterri keeps to the entire back of the tank, grazing off the algae there (as I don't clean the back glass), this causes the Golden to keep to the front of the tank. :upsidedown:

Some advise for those considering the Golden Angel is :

• release sooner than later, don't use any beta box, netting box, etc

• great help if it is the first dwarf to be put in, definitely not to be the last fish

• plenty of hiding places for the fish

• I find a smaller size species better as the bigger fishes don't find her worthwhile challenge and always give up after a short chase

• leave the fish alone after you release it and just wait.

My tank has two adult pistol bigger than her and she lost half her tail once, it has grown back since... a very feisty little fish, it has character... like a playful damsel and a real beauty IMO. It'll be a great loss if she goes. Touch wood.

BTW, I have 4 other fishes in the 3' tank now, a golden clown, PTang, LN Hawkfish, Potteri.

mm

:off: Does anyone want to buy an Eibli dwarf in my QT. :peace:

It is true that the Golden can be a fish dat shows itself if it's introduced... I'm planning to let the Golden Angel be my 1st fish the next time I set up my new tank! :) :) :) Hopefully I get a good specimen without too much cyanide contamination... :) :)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Hey Dispar!

What up?

How about those interruptus?

How much are they in S'pore?

They should be cheaper in S'pore than in the states , as the freight charge should be cheaper.

Can ya get there small specimens????

Hmm so far haven ship in yet.... not sure of the price

Thanks neokn, i've already look into my book be4, but i a little bit doubt, cos' interruptus refer to chaetodon interruptus, meanwhile your interruptus write as centropyge interrupta. THX bro.

yeah diff species of fish may have same scientifc name but their genus( if i am not wrong the front part of the scientific name) is definately different

Saw the fish at a LFS in Taiwan...

Price : NT 20,000 for a 2.5" specimen!!!

NT 13,000 for a bigger 6-7" specimen....

In case u r wondering, NT20,000 is about S$1,000!!!!

Thought I could buy the fish, but the price really turned me off!! :( :( :(

Vincent Ho :)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• 2 weeks later...