Discussion about angelfish!!!!

Hi everyone,

Bought this angel from Iwarna. Was told it is a swallowtail angel. Was wondering if anyone know the exact name of the fish? Can't seem to find it on the Net.

Thanks

its a female bellus angel(Genicanthus bellus) ... belong to the swallow tail species of angel... one of the most reef safe angel species but no guarantee totally reef safe as my friend's golden mask swallow tail started to nip his sps one day out of no reason....

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

its a female bellus angel(Genicanthus bellus) ... belong to the swallow tail species of angel... one of the most reef safe angel species but no guarantee totally reef safe as my friend's golden mask swallow tail started to nip his sps one day out of no reason....

Thanks. Well angels always a risk, isn't it? But they are too pretty to forego.

BTW I already have a flame and a potter's angel in my tank. :upsidedown:

Thanks. Well angels always a risk, isn't it? But they are too pretty to forego.

BTW I already have a flame and a potter's angel in my tank. :upsidedown:

yeah...... maybe yours is the very "guai" one..... anyway its been scientifically proven that a angel may be very docile in a tank for a long time from many months to years.. but one day it may just go crazy and start wacking everything.... well on the other hand, some remain reef safe throughout their lifetime ;););)

Anyway swallow tail species angel can be consider 90- 100% reef safe so i think it should fit well into your tank ;);)

• SRC Member

yeah...... maybe yours is the very "guai" one..... anyway its been scientifically proven that a angel may be very docile in a tank for a long time from many months to years.. but one day it may just go crazy and start wacking everything.... well on the other hand, some remain reef safe throughout their lifetime ;););)

Anyway swallow tail species angel can be consider 90- 100% reef safe so i think it should fit well into your tank ;);)

Point noted, B)

From the day I put them in, already stand by the fact that I might one day have to overturn my tank to catch them if/when they step out of line. :lol:

Point noted, B)

From the day I put them in, already stand by the fact that I might one day have to overturn my tank to catch them if/when they step out of line. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: yeah but as always a reef is never complete without an angel.... :lol::lol::lol: Thats what the reefers in RC says.. I have always reserve a place in my tank for a argi angel or a resplendent angel(my all time favourite and hopefully to own fish) or a african flame back......

• SRC Supporter

And let me know when that happen... cos my reef would be ready to help contain all your corals...... :lol:

eh... no need to thank me ... cos I'm jus trying to be helpful... :P

Anybody came across this angel before...

Very Nice leh... Think very ex also...

Scientific Name: Genicanthus personatus

Common Name: Masked Angelfish

Origin: Northwestern Hawaiian Islands

Male

Genicanthus_personatusAQM.jpg

Female

Genicanthus_personatusAQF.jpg

Never seen b4... but I get the feeling its very expensive... :)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

I've been read on some article, it was said that the most expensive dwarf angel is multicolor pygmy angelfish or centropyge multicolor, not so beautifull but don't know why this fish is rate as an expensive fish. Here is the pic :

Centropyge_multicolorAQ.jpg

Personatus are expensive may be because of their remote isolated collection area.

Here is the other posibility expensive fish : Chaetodontolus ballinae

cballinpp2.jpg

Don't know the price and tha availability in the market.

Bought Genicanthus_bellus last Friday. Nice fella, pretty territorial. She is current held in a quarantine tank in the main tank but when I intro another new fish into the quarantine tank. She would attack the new fish.

wow! nice fish... :)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg