Camel Shrimp

• SRC Member

Quite sure its a camel shrimp.

I see different things posted on other websites, some say it eats echinoderms, ie starfish only, other people say it is a scavanger and eats anything. Some people say it will eat soft corals.

anyone have experience of keeping them in reef tank? Got eat starfish or not?

• SRC Member
Dancing shrimp.. is that a thai dish.....

do u mean ###### anemone shrimp?? that shake their ######?? if so then no its not a dancing shrimp. ###### anemone shrimp are reef safe.

not so sure about their name... saw some pinkish with hump like shrimp at a LFS and was told the name is camel shrimp.. but one website say the name is dancing shrimp.. so i not sure.. same pic..

post-6-1061517863.jpg

• SRC Member
some say it eats echinoderms, ie starfish only, other people say it is a scavanger and eats anything.

That will be the Harlequin shrimp and not the camel/dancing shrimp.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

not so sure about their name... saw some pinkish with hump like shrimp at a LFS and was told the name is camel shrimp.. but one website say the name is dancing shrimp.. so i not sure.. same pic..

Thats a camel shrimp, notice a hunch on its back

• SRC Member

Razo

If you read the quote in the post then you will realise that I am referring to the starfish eating Harlequin shrimp.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif