Mushrooms

• SRC Member

hmmm mushrooms are actually the easiest to keep... don't give them too much light... they'll still survive... water abit dirty... they'll still survive.. well if u wanna know in detail.......

WOONMING WOONMING member 537 requesting help! B)

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member
they just need a bit of light.. and can be put with fowlr... but butterfly fish will eat em'..

am i rite??

Erm as for ur butterfly fish it depends but mostly would :)

To correct u not all require little light ..

A ricodea would require more lights .. MH would be good if u got them ..

So if mushroom die in the tank, it means that the water condition must be really bad. Rite? I have a couple of mushroom in my tank. For example...there are 6 pieces. One Mth later,,,left with 3 or 4 pieces. :cry2: IS that normal? I don see my mushroom very healthy....But my other coral looks fine.

So if mushroom die in the tank, it means that the water condition must be really bad. Rite? I have a couple of mushroom in my tank. For example...there are 6 pieces. One Mth later,,,left with 3 or 4 pieces. :cry2: IS that normal? I don see my mushroom very healthy....But my other coral looks fine.

what are your water parameter like

Maybe the calcium level too high. I'm just speculating. Notice most rocks that mushrooms grow on are almost devoid of coralline algae?

Could be underdose or overdose of iodine? Not sure too. Maybe you can experiment around? :eyebrow:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Is it becoz of my carbon and my stupid Macro skimmer. The carbon is in for 6 mths and the skimmer skims once a mth. Tried very hard to adjust but not very sucessful. I going to buy a skimmer soon. Hope the mushroom can wait for me lah :thanks:

• SRC Member
Is it becoz of my carbon and my stupid Macro skimmer. The carbon is in for 6 mths and the skimmer skims once a mth. Tried very hard to adjust but not very sucessful. I going to buy a skimmer soon. Hope the mushroom can wait for me lah :thanks:

Danzer could u tell me how it look when ur mroom died ?

a) DId it turn into a slimy pile which in turn is very smelly.

B) Or It became white in colour and then just shrink in size..

WHat i encounter with mroom is if ur Ca level is maintain at even at 400 to 450ppm itis okie .. No harm done..

Mrooms are also known to slime away when there is a sudden change of PH .. and over does of idoine.. or erm ... if u frag them into many pieces like me ...

Hope this helps.. and as for ur macro skimmer i have seen it in action , with black skimmate but not those dry foam mainly wet ... so it arent that bad unless u got the cash to buy those higher end .. like H&S..

is it true that once the mushroom got a cut or wound ..then its as good as dead?

cos i have the same problem 2. my bubble, button n bubble is expanding fine but all my big mushroom slowly become smaller n....drop off where as my tiny 1 like growing bigger =.="

thx

believe less then 50% of wat ppl tell u n bring it up tp 99% by confirming it urself

• SRC Member

Danzer could u tell me how it look when ur mroom died ?

a) DId it turn into a slimy pile which in turn is very smelly.

B) Or It became white in colour and then just shrink in size..

WHat i encounter with mroom is if ur Ca level is maintain at even at 400 to 450ppm itis okie .. No harm done..

Mrooms are also known to slime away when there is a sudden change of PH .. and over does of idoine.. or erm ... if u frag them into many pieces like me ...

Hope this helps.. and as for ur macro skimmer i have seen it in action , with black skimmate but not those dry foam mainly wet ... so it arent that bad unless u got the cash to buy those higher end .. like H&S..

Hey...Prof Shrooms...

Can analyse situation for me?

Got a mushroom given to me and whilst it was in my tank for the beginning days, flourish and opened wide. However, after a week or so, turned white and shrank in size.

H2O parameters satisfactory but alas... :cry2:

What to do?

• SRC Member

Hey...Prof Shrooms...

Can analyse situation for me?

Got a mushroom given to me and whilst it was in my tank for the beginning days, flourish and opened wide. However, after a week or so, turned white and shrank in size.

H2O parameters satisfactory but alas... :cry2:

What to do?

It turn white in colour could be due to ur lighting .. itis given ..

or did u use any chemical like those japanese powder algea remover stuff.

• SRC Member

Wah...chim...algae remover? Nup...Me no see no touch before.

Could it be due to the fact that I did not switch on the lights for two days when I was busy w a new tank?

It has been shifted to a bigger tank with blue actinic and white lightings. But been months and no difference from the pathetic condition it was in previously... :(

• SRC Member
Wah...chim...algae remover? Nup...Me no see no touch before.

Could it be due to the fact that I did not switch on the lights for two days when I was busy w a new tank?

It has been shifted to a bigger tank with blue actinic and white lightings. But been months and no difference from the pathetic condition it was in previously... :(

They would only turn white and lose it original colour when deprive of lights.

Only then it would slowly shrink in size and melt away ..

So i guess itis ur lights ..

• SRC Member

They would only turn white and lose it original colour when deprive of lights.

Only then it would slowly shrink in size and melt away ..

So i guess itis ur lights ..

Having said this...

Should I remove it or remediate the situation?

If remediation, then how to?

Danzer, sorry for 'infiltrating' into your link but though the questiosn may be helpful to others. :P

Thanks, Woonming for the toruble... :peace:

• SRC Member
Called the shop...Got the specs...

1) Normal White 7000K

2) Blue Actinic 4500K Spectrum

Does it ring a bell?

My tank is 4ft. Thanks...

Ur lighting comes with watts ??

And 4ft ? what is the height ??

And beside watts u lack isit PL or FL if itis 7000k i dont think itis white lighht itis more to the yellow ...

Blue Actinic to me is just for ur eye viewing pleasure and it does not help much in providing light to the corals

Thanks ..

Hi. I thk i am facing the same problem. It turn white and slowly melt away. I have change to MH, so far not much of problem. But just not seeing it growing very healthy. Maybe I am comparing my mushroom with Sea****. Their mushroom are very tempting-so BIG!