White spot medicine

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Last night, discovered my son's newly acquired yellow tang had ich and I was so worried for my other fish, esp... my moorish and tomini bristletooth. :o

Dosed the Kent Marine Marine C, Garlic Extreme and kept feeding my prepared food till this morning...all fish declared ich-free by 1pm just now...phew... :yeah::yeah::yeah:

IMO...Kent's Marine C is not bad plus the additives/ ingredients used for prepared food help to boost the immunity system in food...so dun 'stinch' on the types of food used to feed your fish.

I have never used medication to its optimum previously...maybe no luck... :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
Last night, discovered my son's newly acquired yellow tang had ich and I was so worried for my other fish, esp... my moorish and tomini bristletooth. :o

Dosed the Kent Marine Marine C, Garlic Extreme and kept feeding my prepared food till this morning...all fish declared ich-free by 1pm just now...phew... :yeah::yeah::yeah:

IMO...Kent's Marine C is not bad plus the additives/ ingredients used for prepared food help to boost the immunity system in food...so dun 'stinch' on the types of food used to feed your fish.

I have never used medication to its optimum previously...maybe no luck... :rolleyes:

sis, the ich in free form mode now ah.....

maybe u monitor for a day more.......

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I used to have 4 Tangs ( shhhh don't let Tangs police know ) in small litte 3' tank.

For the first 2 weeks , got ich problem like hell.

So I didn't do anything, not even change the water ( NO3 was almost 50 ).

4 weeks later, all my Tangs were ich free , since than I don't know what is ich like :)

I guess if you worry to much you would get more :)

Or I was that luck :P

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member
I used to have 4 Tangs ( shhhh don't let Tangs police know ) in small litte 3' tank.

For the first 2 weeks , got ich problem like hell.

So I didn't do anything, not even change the water ( NO3 was almost 50 ).

4 weeks later, all my Tangs were ich free , since than I don't know what is ich like :)

I guess if you worry to much you would get more :)

Or I was that luck :P

u're saying u did nothnig when the fishes got ich/??

• SRC Member

ummm.. doing nothing and seeing your fish survive is like really heng suay kind of situation but not exactly recommended for other people to try. Like you stand in middle of xpressway never tio killed doesn't mean everyone else can do the same.

i think ich best dealt with by combination of strengthening fish immune system (garlic and varied diet), low stress condition (good water parameter, less lighting so fish can rest) and some form of ich killer (UV, ozone, etc). Hyposalinating is a good idea as it actually de-stresses the fish but will kill inverts and corals so not always feasible.

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member

wah

heng man....ich gone....i know it doesn't mean its ich free but my fishes now ok leaw.

no more white spots on their body...

i did everything...garlic, blackout 48hrs and uv.

thanks for all the advice guys.

verdict, stock up too fast and never let salt dissolve.

thanks!

Hi Sis,

Can you advise on the frequency of your keep feeding means? will it cause high phosphate? Thanks.