Need liverock...

ZeRoC00l

• SRC Member

tried pac marine or reefworld? :) actually, to start cycling, u can use a fish or like what AT does, a stinking sotong to kick off his cycling of the tank.. not necessary LR..

honestly speaking, i had bad experience cycling with LR.. coz my system crashed within the first 2 days or so.. since then, i use mollies.. hehehe.. and they are still inside my tank..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

hahah.. indestructable damsel.. hahaha.. is it that big black monster???

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Zero, I assume u want a reef tank? If so then just reefsafe rock and a few pieces of actual live rock to seed them will do. If you keep the parameters right everything will be purple and live in a few months to a year anyway. Less die-off in the tank and a whole lot more healthy animals on the rocks.

• SRC Member
Zero, I assume u want a reef tank? If so then just reefsafe rock and a few pieces of actual live rock to seed them will do. If you keep the parameters right everything will be purple and live in a few months to a year anyway. Less die-off in the tank and a whole lot more healthy animals on the rocks.

Well, you see here's the problem... I dun have any LR to start with...

My area the 3 LFS all dun have LR cos they say their cource gana caught by "mata" ;)

Will search else where once my exams are over. <_<

• SRC Member

Maybe someone here moght have a small coralline encrusted piece to spare? All you need is a small piece. Then use an old toothbrush to scrub at the coralline and turn off your skimmer for 3 months, monitoring calcium mag, and alk. All the bits of coralline and spores that rub off will seed the rest of the rock. The skimmer might remove those.

• SRC Member

Err... Marinelife hobbielist sells a big clump of messy looking algae for $5 but that is bryopsis which can get out of control. Your best bet would be to get grape caulerpa algae (caulerpa racemosa) but try not to tear the strands because pieces under 3 inches tend to die off and their 'juice' is bad for the tank (nitrate laden)

Look for algae rocks at Lorong Halus (the reef world), reborn or Marinelife hobbielist. Or you can go and look in Marinelife hobbielist's live rock tank and look for bits of rubble that are coralline encrusted( I found a small piece of rock with a lot of purple clavularia once) and try asking the owner if you can have it for free or cheaply. Of course, it would be nicer to purchase something at the same time!

• SRC Member

well, if you have the patient and willing to wait for up to 1 yr, why not DIY your own LR??? simply use some crush coral sand (40%)+ coral chips (30%) and simen (30%) , mix it and shape it as the way you like.dry it for 48 hours under the sun... dip into water for 6 months (water changing every 2 weeks) then test the PH of the water..... if it is around 7, then you are ready to put 1 or 2 pcs of LR w/ caroline algea and the base rock you've made and put into a styrofoam box filled with SW...., dose around 400~450ppm calsium and maintain your PH at 8~8.4..... use a pump to cycle the SW and use Actinic light for 8 hours a day... i'm in the progress of making my own LR..... save money and save the marine world as well....my direction could be too simplified and lack of something here and there,

.... follow the link below for more details....

http://saltaquarium.about.com/gi/dynamic/o...ib3%2Farago.htm

• SRC Member
... simen (30%) ...

Cheeky aren't you! :lol:

Semen or cement? <_<

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif