Tubeworms Or Feather Duster..

• SRC Member

Hi, as above..

Is there anybody out there could share with me their secret or skill to stick em' to your yours?? so difficult took me and 1 and still its moving out of the point.. even without any wave at all...

and what do u feed it?? its ok to just leave it rite as it feeds on the filter feeder etc. even the flakes .. dissolve particles etc.

is there any nice specimens of this anywhere in S'pore lfs?? different colours.. just bought the local ones decor my rocks hehe :evil:

If u have can attach pics of either your tubeworms or feather duster??

:thanks:

They are good for newbies and beginners rite??

anyway heard that boxing shrimp or coral banded shrimp can't put with this tube worms or feather duster cause they will eat em' is it true mine never get near or try to do anything to em' at all...

anything to watch out??

for lighting do they prefer strong or light??

do u put light wave to see their tentacle move??

:thanks: everybody appreciate your help in advance...

anyway they secrete this white thing and i read online saying its calcium carbonate when its shock or something not dangerous rite anyway the secretion dissapears fast..

:thanks: everybody..

• SRC Member

wow hehe yeah cowfishes is very aggresive.. i heard that too.. i think the only fishes i can put in is damsels or clownfishes now for this tank..

after your spanking i think the cowfishes is a good boy now.. hehe

• SRC Member

Dun worry, I adminstered therapeutic counselling to it :) and now he is chums with the other inhabitants in my tank. Has never given me trouble or cause mortality and even feeds from my hand. Though a bit scared of his reputation. :P

• SRC Member

back to the topic... my feather accidently stick to the LR when i tried to shift the tube to other place .. but the end was stuck.. n i pull too hard the whole tube came out nthe worm was expose n hide between the sand bed and LR :D

3 days later when i rescape my Lr the worm actually glued itself to the rock..looks so much better without the tube.. ..see pic (4pic)

this pic is with the tube...

post-6-1061612060.jpg

Help Help .. All my tube worm lost is feather ... They are still alive .. but just that now it loo like so ugly .. . It still stick out from the tube .. but without all the feather .. Like a tree in Autumn

Can anyone tell me what wrong ?

They do lose their feathers in times of stress.

They should grow back.