My cheapo 3x1.5x1.5

wedgee

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Ancelot: If i can spare at least 3 more of them blue mushies, i will PM u k? Dont worry they grow like weeds...

Evil: Thanx for the compliments man, addin reflectors really enhanced the coral reactions...

Kareen: Which clam u talkin abt? The 2 blue maxis i tink were $25 each when they babies, during the clam overflow season...the squamosa i tink was $45 or something...

Jeff: Heheh too late leh cant change the title already - it WAS a budget tank to begin with really! but ure right, the effort was gigantic...

Dan: Hey man, only we supporters will understand the powers and limitations of T5 heheh!

JS: I try to take a pix soon...

• SRC Member
Hi bro,

Hope you don't me sharing your pictures here:

http://www.aquariumpros.ca/forums/showthre...78878#post78878

Hey, why u posted BEFORE asking me for permission??? :o

Hahah just kidding...I'm flattered u actually put them up in yr local forum... :P

Welcome to SRC - u are in Canada? I guess u posted cause of the results i am gettin from T5?? Another great example is of cos Danano's tank thread, featured as our SRC tank of the moment... ;)

• SRC Member

Hi bro,

Congratulations. Your tank is really nice. How I wish mine can be like yours too. :)

BTW, can you share your secret on how you grow the healthy and fast multiplying mushroom? My mushroom is getting less and less by the week.... may be because of my strong current before. What do you feed the coral and softies with?

Thanks,

Patrick

• SRC Member

Hey, why u posted BEFORE asking me for permission??? :o

Hahah just kidding...I'm flattered u actually put them up in yr local forum... :P

Welcome to SRC - u are in Canada? I guess u posted cause of the results i am gettin from T5?? Another great example is of cos Danano's tank thread, featured as our SRC tank of the moment... ;)

:(

Sorry bro, really hope you don't mind...

Your tank is really really very nice! I'm actually from Singapore, just here for a couple years.

How many T5s are u using and how old is your tank??? Do you have any problems with clams at all?

• SRC Member

WOW, didnt realise u guys were still lookin at my thread...makes me wana post more pics up heheh...stay tuned...

ryz: hahah i TRY to get more mushies out for u heheh, and YES my tank IS PACKED..

patrick123: Thanx for yr compliments - yours can be nice too, if u put in the effort daily and be consistent ;) As for the mushies, they too were upset and started to mati when i put in more lite bulbs, but after a while, and lowering them to the middle level of the tank, they started to multiply like mad - try putting them in moderate flow and lightin it helps...

szesteve: Just kidding! I'm honored to be linked in an overseas webbie! Hmmm u shld read my tank specs heheh, it is abt a year plus old, and i use 4xT5 - the clams are okie with it but not as colorful as under MH to be honest!

blacknails: Ya man, when i'm not: doing a water change/feeding corals, fishes/scrubbing the glass/topping up water/cleaning the light cover/clearing the skimmer, I love to stare at the tank and get blinded after 30 minutes of intense light and colors!

Thanx again all, for the wonderful comments, makes my effort well worthwhile! :lol:

• SRC Member

archie, to be honest with u, i learnt how to keep my hard corals alive thru the hard way - i had a kalkwasser incident, an NO3 spike (probably due to the kalk) and an over-salinity disaster...Bottom line is, invest in the best equipment u can afford first, before u go into SPS...

Here are some pix i took today

A rare green body, blue tipped colony (aquacultured)

post-34-1095254434.jpg

nah...they set the benchmark for awesome reeftanks...but there are many reefers in SRC that has gems these guys drool about too.....

Your stuffs are very nice... like the natural look :P