The Ressurection

reefer guy

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last for the nite... was able to finally capture the terror in my tank.... not sure if its harmless but the looks n size is freaky...... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

anybody can identify?

yikes!!!! :blink::shock::sick:

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member
last for the nite... was able to finally capture the terror in my tank.... not sure if its harmless but the looks n size is freaky...... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

anybody can identify?

It's a CRAB!!! :P:P

Tank's looking good bro. The 2 corals you posted, the colour turn a bit light. Are you dosing any stuff like aminos or iodine??

• SRC Member

It's a CRAB!!! :P:P

Tank's looking good bro. The 2 corals you posted, the colour turn a bit light. Are you dosing any stuff like aminos or iodine??

after reading thru my "identify" post i knew somebody will come up w that kind of answer :P

.... not dosing anything aside for kh buffer; usual routine continues like water changes every 2 weeks.... only thing changed was removal of 400w and replaced w 2 x 6500k 250w ..... followed ur advice to go 4 x 250w :P..... then last week added 2 x 54w coral blue t5's to neutralize the yellow hue of the iwasaki's...... what im worried about is it might be bleaching, but signs of corallites suggests its not.... any ideas?

• SRC Member

I think could be the introduction of Beckett skimmer. The sudden reduction in nutrient in your water sometimes causes your SPS tp turn lighter colour.

Due to the high skimming of the Beckett, I suggest you do small water changes every week to replenish trace elements and try and dose amino acids and iodine. I don't know they help but I do see my SPS colours get richer after dosing for 6 weeks.

I think could be the introduction of Beckett skimmer. The sudden reduction in nutrient in your water sometimes causes your SPS tp turn lighter colour.

Due to the high skimming of the Beckett, I suggest you do small water changes every week to replenish trace elements and try and dose amino acids and iodine. I don't know they help but I do see my SPS colours get richer after dosing for 6 weeks.

So dat's the secret!! :D :D :D

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

possibly..... how can i forget that skimmer upgrade..... anyway, will take your advise....

from sps choices, to water changes, to skimmer upgrade, even lighting upgrades ive been listening to u.... from now on shall make you my MR. REEF CONSULTANT

• SRC Member

possibly..... how can i forget that skimmer upgrade..... anyway, will take your advise....

from sps choices, to water changes, to skimmer upgrade, even lighting upgrades ive been listening to u.... from now on shall make you my MR. REEF CONSULTANT

My pleasure. Just sharing what I tried. Hope everyone's reef will blossom. B)

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...