Royal Gramma aka Fairy Basslet

saw some nice ones at 1 B road. wondering how much does it cost and anyone has problems with it being in sps tank?

liveaquaria mentioned that it is reef compatible but juz wanna make sure that it really is.

market price? dunno, lost touch wif the local lfs prices liaoz. :P but i last bought at ard $4@++

IME, generally reef safe.

might spark off a fight if u hv other basslets or dottybacks. small shrimps, e.g. ###### anemone shrimps might be endangered.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

thanks bro lightningstrike. i dun have any other ls except for 2 purple tang, 1 achilles, 2 true precula, 3 cleaner and 1 blood shrimp. thinking of getting one to brighten the tank... but over 40 is quite ex for me. was hoping for it to be under 25 bucks :)

hmmmm........ u might juz wanna pop over at some lfs known to u to check out the price. told u i m out of touch liaoz. ;) might hv to ask reefers out there to bring me ard lfs when i m back. :off::lol:

btw, the royal gramma is known to be quite a shy fish, will hide in crevices of LRs quite often. but i guess it takes a little time for it to get familiar wif its surroundings b4 venturing out further.

Austin's Birthday

.png

How about a flame hawk to brighten the tank? Or a flame angel?

flame hawk: might be aggressive towards shy gobies/blennies and small shrimps. but considered one of the most peaceful amongst hawkfish.

flame angel: dependant on ur luck, might not be reef safe, esp. towards big fat juicy corals, e.g. pratas, cynarina, etc.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

flame hawk: might be aggressive towards shy gobies/blennies and small shrimps. but considered one of the most peaceful amongst hawkfish.

flame angel: dependant on ur luck, might not be reef safe, esp. towards big fat juicy corals, e.g. pratas, cynarina, etc.

Oooppppsss....

Wrong suggestion. He have prata and blood shrimp in his tank .

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

Oooppppsss....

Wrong suggestion. He have prata and blood shrimp in his tank .

blood shrimps r generally 2 big for the flame hawk's liking, unless the flame hawk is like super big or the blood shrimps r very tiny-weeny in size.

as for flame angel, like wat i said, depends on the temperament of the individual angel. some reefers hv success keeping them wif no complaints at all in mixed reef tanks, but there r oso reefers cursing and swearing since the day they bought the fish coz it has been pecking at their corals non stop! or rather, they might juz ignore all ur corals for a few weeks and juz all of a sudden decides that ur prata looks nice and delicious enuf. :erm:

;)

LS

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

flame angel is definitely out cos i dun want to take the risk of it pecking at my sps. sps are difficult to care for without any fish disturbance!

i probably go down 1 Broad later to get a royal gramma but hope it is under $20 :D then can still consider one flame hawk... onli after i can confirm my bioload is still low.

cheers!

flame angel is definitely out cos i dun want to take the risk of it pecking at my sps. sps are difficult to care for without any fish disturbance!

hv heard of flame angel pecking at lps, sesile inverts & clam mantles, but not sps..... at least not yet. :P

i probably go down 1 Broad later to get a royal gramma but hope it is under $20  then can still consider one flame hawk... onli after i can confirm my bioload is still low.

i doubt u can get a royal gramma under 20. maybe brazilian.

Austin's Birthday

.png

A Royal Gramma below $20! All lots of reefers 'Chiong' liao man.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
A Royal Gramma below $20! All lots of reefers 'Chiong' liao man.

if can get at under $20, reefers will cheong for first 2 shipments onli. after that, either becos cannot keep 2 or becos move on to other stuffs liao. thats why shops always bring in limited to keep prices high for better profits.

juz like previous other stuffs. when hot, stay away... when cool a bit then come in for better deals.

cheers!

if can get at under $20, reefers will cheong for first 2 shipments onli. after that, either becos cannot keep 2 or becos move on to other stuffs liao. thats why shops always bring in limited to keep prices high for better profits.

juz like previous other stuffs. when hot, stay away... when cool a bit then come in for better deals.

cheers!

Hahaha... Thats the fact of life.

But for Royal, I believe the reason why it is Ex is because the demand in US far exceed ours plus the price they would pay in US is higher than us. So I don't think their price will fluctuate much. ;)

As for the rest of the species that is readily available in the indo-pacific, it tends to be the way you have describe. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381