Best method to entice AT to eat?

Hi all,

Need some help to entice the AT to eat.

He is in my tank for 2 days swimming around, pecking at rocks, trying to get him to eat.

So far i have tried frozen shrimp, Ocean nutrition flakes, GP, Nori

Prob going to get some live brine, red algea, and also the OSI flakes.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Justin

• SRC Member

Dont worry problem. I encountered the same thing when I initially got my AT. I throw in everything also dont eat. I just end up polluting my tank.

On the four days, it just started eating pellets. From then on, everything thing also eat. Unfortunately, it has returned to its maker.

• SRC Member
On the four days, it just started eating pellets. From then on, everything thing also eat. Unfortunately, it has returned to its maker.

Why so? What's the cause?

May I know, did you guys quaratine the AT before intro to main tank? Will it be able to fare for itself if there are other resident tangs if intro direct to main tank?

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

Why so? What's the cause?

May I know, did you guys quaratine the AT before intro to main tank? Will it be able to fare for itself if there are other resident tangs if intro direct to main tank?

AT is ich magnet. When you see 1 or 2 white spot on its body, you would better start doubling the dosage of your garlic while it is still eating.

When there are too much ich, the AT will stop eating and starved itself to death.

AT is quite fierce, I dont it will have any problem with other tank. However, I still think it is better to QT it. Just in case, it gets ich, you can still give it medication.

• SRC Member

My AT from CF? havent bought it yet bro... hehehe

Driving the Alfa 156 cloverleaf edition. very nice car IMHO and seem to see more alfas on the road nowadays..

The 147 is very very cool. planning to get the GTA?

So how? did the AT ate the spirulina flakes? maybe you can soaked it in garlic to further entice the fish

Clover leaf is the V6 one? My family have been into Alfas for quite awhile....think we are mad over alfas...currently have the V6 one at home, personally driving a jeep....

Anyway prob just get the 1.6 one, GTA too tempting (out of my buget also), got my license suspended for speeding before :)

Huh huh huh, my AT havent touched anything yet, flooded my tank with so much food today!!!!

Ocean planet has some really nice ATs, problem is u will have to get them to eat i guess.

Got him to eat!!!!

Taking the advice of Weilong, i cut strips of Nori soaked with garlic, he ate a bit......after that approx 1hr, i tried OSI flakes....worked like a charm

Then i dumped OSI mixed with Formula one...now he eating like a pig....whew....

Prob have to change water tommorrow, so much food dumped in to entice him

Right now he got quite a bit of whitespots, keeping my fingers crossed