Sorry My Ignorant, Why Can Not Write Full Name?

• SRC Member

hi

Sorry my ignorant, why we normally don't spell the full name of LFS in this website? I always see things like RAIN*OW, Mar*L* etc. I also followed but now wonder why or is there a need. Is sgreefclub associated with any of them? For other forums such as reefcentral, nano-reef.com, they don't hide names.

Thanks

regards

• SRC Member

Look at it as a safeguarding measure.

I suppose AT's view is dat SRC doesnt wants to be seen as promoting a certain LFS,due to the presence of our sponsors. at the same time, posting the full name of the LFS when making negative comments abt them or bad mouthing them might lead to some legal action.

BY not posting the full name of the LFS, or by editing away the full name of the LFS, SRC abolish away all legal implications it has with the post, or the one who made the post.

thus to avoid all these unpleasant incidents from happening, and to safeguard your own backside, just continue to use *** to replace certain alphabets of the LFS.

Disclaimer : This is solely my own view and has nothing to do with AT or SRC.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually you can spell out the full name if you have general info to share or neutral things to say about our LFS.

Some reefers may have bad experiences with LFS and should practice self-censorship if they can't hold back their words.

Some people look for trouble with some LFS and sometimes trouble looks for SRC and I have been personally made responsible for such incidents.

Thankfully, all past incidents have been settled amiably without resorting to violence.. haha.

If you are bold enough slam the shop upside down, you should also be bold enough to put down your name and contact number! ;) Or you can describe the shop location or mask their names so that only a mindreader will know who you are talking about. :)

SRC is not associated with any LFS in any way. We are just hobbyists with no power & influence on how LFS choose to run their businesses.

Except where we choose to open our wallets! Hahahaa! Joking. ;)

• SRC Member

So I guess it is ok to say

"XYZ at Toa Payoh has new maxima clam arriving this Friday! They are selling them between $40-$100."

"ABC at Bedok is selling Salifert Calcium test kit for S$28."

"EFG at Jurong only have 2 marine tanks. The rest is all fresh water."

"I ordered my tank from LMN at Woodland. I paid S$280 for tank with a hole."

When I first visit sgreefclub, I catch no ball for all these hidden names. :upsidedown:

Thanks

"XYZ at Toa Payoh has new maxima clam arriving this Friday! They are selling them between $40-$100."

When I first visit sgreefclub, I catch no ball for all these hidden names. :upsidedown:

Thanks

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: another example, John bought a blue ring octopus at XYZ and and got killed by the octopus

• SRC Member

it dosen't go as bad as ABC and XYZ does it... at least there is rai*bow where u know the letter 'n' is missing or pa*adiz r*ef where u know 'r' and 'e' are missing... just don't say it out full and it would be ok... short forms are also ok i guess... seen them before.. PR, ML, LCK110 are examples...

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

Thanks

wa.. u covered everwhere cept southen part

• SRC Member
;) Just curious, in legal aspect, does it constitute also any liabilities if somehow or rather, a name is so closely associated with them.

similarly if u molest a woman, u need not have to touch or hold to be sue, even the way u eat bananas do also nowadays :D

:off: I heard that in some US state, it is illegal to eat banana in public.

A woman can sue u for sexual harrasment.