gunners VS devils

ah^siao

• SRC Member

i'm neither a arsenal fan nor a man u fan.

but i want to comment that man u has no sportsmanship.

while i agree that manu deserved a penalty, but rooney should not have taken that cheap opportunity. given his high profile status, he should not have done that and he had made himself cheap.

i really look down on him, <_<

ferdy and RvN should both b sent off!! :angry:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

while i agree that manu deserved a penalty, but rooney should not have taken that cheap opportunity. given his high profile status, he should not have done that and he had made himself cheap.

:lol: well u have your opinions ... lets leave it at that !! cheers

coming up next at OLd trafford in a fortnight will be MAN U vs MAN City Derby .... :D

care to explain about how you feel when Robert Pires flies to the ground at break neck speed? (=

like one reefer said, it's really a taste of Arsenal's own bitter medicine.

• SRC Member

care to explain about how you feel when Robert Pires flies to the ground at break neck speed? (=

like one reefer said, it's really a taste of Arsenal's own bitter medicine.

sorry, not sure which game u referring to. anyway, i hardly watch arsenal games.

• SRC Member

Man U no sportsmanship? U sure?

I guess you have never watched the last game between Arsenal and Man U.

You will know what sportmanship is all about. The worse ever seen on TV.

• SRC Member

sorry, not sure which game u referring to. anyway, i hardly watch arsenal games.

watch more games before making such comments.. if only u watched last season's fixture.. that was the ultimate... this match was nothing as compared to that :erm: And also of course Pires dive... not only once but also a few times...

Actually, I got one view on the match which I'm not sure is valid or not. The way the Arsenal players surrounded the referee and pressured him into making decisions in their favour actually backfired. The referee may be just trying to make sure he's not pressured by the Arsenal players :evil: And hence all the decisions against Arsenal. Just an observation.

Anyway.. these are what makes EPL so popular and football so exciting and interesting with all the controversies.... you can argue all you like with no conclusions....

• SRC Member

Heh, everything centred around Rooney's dive, but it seems no one say Man U also denied penalty when Ronaldo was blatantly tripped by Ashley Cole inside the box. That was so clear, but referee never see.

Lets jus say everything evens itself out. Honestly, rooney would have been tripped anyway the way campbell put out his leg. But tats not half as bad as pires sticking his leg out just to catch a defender so he can fall down. well, everyone has their own opinions lah... lets just say both teams aren't exactly Saints. :peace:

• SRC Member

Wenger after calling RVN a cheat, riley for "siding" with Man Utd in the post match interview, he can conveniently forget that he mentioned such thing when question the next day. Even going to the extent of saying when, where and what type of media was he interview when he was quoted.....lucky, there was a record of his interview and which was shown on ESPN.

Sore loser...they are the angel :sick: and Man U are the devil....HEY, we are the devil :D

I think they would have lost at portsmouth if not for Pires dive for penalty trick

RVN is no angel either, I saw him glancing at A.Cole before raising his stud....eventhought it happen quite fast.

:D  :lol:  :D  :lol:

i only comment games which i watch. the last game i missed it, so not in a postion to comment.

as usual, that's the usual respond fron man u fans.

ask all anti man u fan and majority will agree....

gee. how very biased. making a sweeping statement on all Man Utd fans. ps. I'm not a diehard supporter or anything. so does that qualify me as a supporter? I'm like lalang. I support teams with good goalkeepers, coz I play keeper myself. which is what got me hooked to Man Utd....when Shilton and Schmeichel were in between the sticks.

like I said, maybe you should watch a little bit more football before making sweeping statements. it's not a personal attack on you, but it's merely a suggestion. it's not nice to present a case without any facts to back your own claims or to defend your own claims.

truth is truth. Robert Pires is a well known diver for Arsenal. truth is truth. so is Ronaldo and van Nistelrooy. *what sort of a Man Utd fan would agree that his own players are divers? (=*

see. I'm impartial. I can admit that the team played crappy football to get a win, but sometimes, even Jose Mourinho agreed, the beautiful game must be sacrificed if a win is needed.

and like what one other person pointed out, if it wasn't for Pires's dive at Portsmouth, I doubt they would have won that match. I didn't watch that match, but hey, there's always impartial www.soccernet.com (=

PS: your quote on asking all anti Man Utd fans just shows how one sided you are. talk about pot calling kettle black. :rolleyes:

and further PS: Ruud really deserved the three match ban for the stomp on Cole. only an idiot will believe that there was no malice intended. did anybody see him stepping on Jens Lehmann? quite terok also.

PS. not a personal attack. if you take this as a flaming session from me, then you have misinterpreted my intentions. :peace:

• SRC Member

gee. how very biased. making a sweeping statement on all Man Utd fans. ps. I'm not a diehard supporter or anything. so does that qualify me as a supporter? I'm like lalang. I support teams with good goalkeepers, coz I play keeper myself. which is what got me hooked to Man Utd....when Shilton and Schmeichel were in between the sticks.

like I said, maybe you should watch a little bit more football before making sweeping statements. it's not a personal attack on you, but it's merely a suggestion. it's not nice to present a case without any facts to back your own claims or to defend your own claims.

truth is truth. Robert Pires is a well known diver for Arsenal. truth is truth. so is Ronaldo and van Nistelrooy. *what sort of a Man Utd fan would agree that his own players are divers? (=*

see. I'm impartial. I can admit that the team played crappy football to get a win, but sometimes, even Jose Mourinho agreed, the beautiful game must be sacrificed if a win is needed.

and like what one other person pointed out, if it wasn't for Pires's dive at Portsmouth, I doubt they would have won that match. I didn't watch that match, but hey, there's always impartial www.soccernet.com (=

PS: your quote on asking all anti Man Utd fans just shows how one sided you are. talk about pot calling kettle black. :rolleyes:

and further PS: Ruud really deserved the three match ban for the stomp on Cole. only an idiot will believe that there was no malice intended. did anybody see him stepping on Jens Lehmann? quite terok also.

PS. not a personal attack. if you take this as a flaming session from me, then you have misinterpreted my intentions. :peace:

Very well said.. :bow::bow:

• SRC Member

actually, people keep talking about how if pires didn't dive Arsenal wouldn't have won the game. That's not necessarily true. If Pires didn't dive, Arsenal wouldn't have gotten the penalty. It doesn't mean they wouldn't have won the game later by scoring in open play.

Similarly, Rooney dived, and Ferdinand and RvN both should have been sent off. But, doesn't mean Man U wouldn't have won anyway from a goal somewhere. You can't just "minus off" the controversial incidents and assume the rest of the game would have played out the same. Who knows, had Ferdinand been sent off earlier, Man U might have rallied and played even harder and put in four goals. Like when Liverpool had a man sent off against Fulham, they put in two more goals later.

Let's just accept that there was cheating/rough play going on in the game, but the result still stands and no point saying who should have won. :peace:

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

Actually, being an Arsenal fan, would have loved to see them win! But to lose finally after 49 games, I must say, it has to come... In fact, I'm more glad that they lose a game now den to wait till towards the end of the season, it would have been harder to lift themselves and they would be even more pressurised.... now that they are beaten, we got time to gather ourselves and charge towards the championship again!!! Nevermind if it's MAN U, better than losing to Portsmouth! No offence to Portsmouth fans!! Lucky dun seem to have any here... hahaha... :P

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Similarly, Rooney dived, and Ferdinand and RvN both should have been sent off. But, doesn't mean Man U wouldn't have won anyway from a goal somewhere. You can't just "minus off" the controversial incidents and assume the rest of the game would have played out the same. Who knows, had Ferdinand been sent off earlier, Man U might have rallied and played even harder and put in four goals. Like when Liverpool had a man sent off against Fulham, they put in two more goals later.

agree !!!!! .... that's what make EPL so addictive ( unlike Italian or spanish )... u never know what u gonna get .... be it a high goal scoring game or how they COULD have scored or who should have been sent off . NOT FORGETTING WHO SHOULD WIN THE GAME !!!

Everyone has his opinion ... juz take it with a pinch of salt ... life still goes on cheering for your team !

Let cheong for the latest coral shipment tonight n 2moro morning ... more happy things to look forward too ! :yeah:

Actually, being an Arsenal fan, would have loved to see them win! But to lose finally after 49 games, I must say, it has to come... In fact, I'm more glad that they lose a game now den to wait till towards the end of the season, it would have been harder to lift themselves and they would be even more pressurised.... now that they are beaten, we got time to gather ourselves and charge towards the championship again!!! Nevermind if it's MAN U, better than losing to Portsmouth! No offence to Portsmouth fans!! Lucky dun seem to have any here... hahaha... :P

aiyah can't beat Man Utd.

they lost to Wolves last year. when they were still top of the table. and Wolves at the bottom. ahaha.

ps tmrider...you think a Man Utd fan will be able to laugh at his own team? :rolleyes: I'm big enough to accept it, rather than just label the team, or the team's supporters as one kind of folk. (=

• SRC Member
ps tmrider...you think a Man Utd fan will be able to laugh at his own team? :rolleyes: I'm big enough to accept it, rather than just label the team, or the team's supporters as one kind of folk. (=

Not saying you, but I personally know a lot of Man U fans who are quite sore loser one. Perhaps that is the culture that Ferguson has fostered over the years at the club and some fans kena influenced by his comments after every loss or even sometimes draw.

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member

hi TnS,

first of all, this thread is all about the recent game between man u and arsenal. i watched the game so i am able to comment. any games before that that i missed it, how am i able to do so. ;)

i am not biased, in fact i should hate arsenal more than man u simply because i'm a spurs fan.

i dont watch arsenal game and that is the reason.

i have heard about pires the diver quite often recently during the game at portsmouth. any other games that he dived that u would like to mention?

fyi, i never like arsenal. for the reason spurs has not beat them at highbury for a very long time, longer than since spurs beat man u at old trafford. :)

i used to watch games with my friends-arsenal fan, liverpool fan, man u fan, everton fan.

when i watched arsenal game with my arsenal friend, he would blamed arsenal for not playing well when they lost.

same goes to my liverpool and everton fan.

but that wasnt the case when i watched with my man u FRIENDS, especially they would blame the referee or the opponents when man u lost. <_<