Vans Marine 4 X 4 X 2

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
wow sis thats for reviewing on the aquatim.... cant wait to get my hands on it :P think my lps would appreciate it :)

hows the water params after adding the reef-pur2 by aquapharm ;) ... or was it something else :eyeblur:

Hi bubble , you're welcome....this Aquatim is concentrated so you don't have to use much actually. For my tank , I use a full turkey blaster at night.... :D

As for the PUR-II , I didn't do a water test but observed my LPS , SPS and other inhabitants which seemed to show a difference during the day after adding 6 bags of it. One of my SPS has sprouted some light purple tips on it's end which was otherwise browned out. Not the whole colony but it looks like it's starting to light up.... :D LPS are alot better as well with extended polyps now.

post-34-1098944796.jpg

• SRC Member

Hi bubble , you're welcome....this Aquatim is concentrated so you don't have to use much actually. For my tank , I use a full turkey blaster at night.... :D

As for the PUR-II , I didn't do a water test but observed my LPS , SPS and other inhabitants which seemed to show a difference during the day after adding 6 bags of it. One of my SPS has sprouted some light purple tips on it's end which was otherwise browned out. Not the whole colony but it looks like it's starting to light up.... :D LPS are alot better as well with extended polyps now.

:heh: i think mite keep a look out for that....since i haved get my skimmer yet ;) thats y nw only one 6line wrasse which is feeding from the organisms in the live rocks.....im only using a wei pro nw :pinch:

• SRC Member

it's good to my standards and might want to continue using this stuff together with SeaChems Carbon as well.... ;)

I use to have those tiny particles floating around but that seems to have dissappeared as well and water is super clear.... :D

Bubble , I think wei pro is good as well liao....with the addition of PUR-II might do wonders.... :D

about this Aquatim phytoplankton concentrate , from what I already notice , my LPS readily opens up alot more quickly then the DT I was using previously. Polyp extension is quick the moment It's dosed when the lights go off. My blasto's seem to treasure this stuff too.... :D

sps and many lps corals do not directly feed on phytoplankton. instead, they feed on zooplankton that in terms feed on the phytoplankton.

ur sps and lps corals seems to thrive shld be more or less contributed by the addition of omega acids and vitamin supplements in aquatim. increase in pods population might also be another factor.

my point is SPS & many LPS corals do not feed on phytoplanktons directly.

juz 2 cents.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

sps and many lps corals do not directly feed on phytoplankton. instead, they feed on zooplankton that in terms feed on the phytoplankton.

ur sps and lps corals seems to thrive shld be more or less contributed by the addition of omega acids and vitamin supplements in aquatim. increase in pods population might also be another factor.

my point is SPS & many LPS corals do not feed on phytoplanktons directly.

juz 2 cents.

he...he...thanks bro.LightningStrike but was not indicating was feeding my LPS and SPS directly with phytoplankton though as I know they have different foods..... ;) but like you said due to other factors in Aquatim.

• SRC Member
Still renovating huh? Tkae your time la, that way can enjoy...

Whoaaa cheonging at night after all that back breaking renovation?!?!Power sia you! :bow:

wha liew...this time renovation chia-lat one.... :lol: Seems this hobby gives me hidden energy for me to cheong at night liao , some more first time cheonging at that hour....he...he dunno wether can make it pass my front door..... :lol:

• SRC Member
completed another section of the renovation....now confirmed I am aching all over.... :lol:

ZeoVit System Arriving today and nightime cheonging..... :yeah: this is the life.... :lol:

Wah Sis, u cheonging lfs or cheonging to get the zeovit up tonite......tonight got lfs party meh.....?... :fear:

• SRC Member

Yeah bro.Jimng....tonight tank party sia......wuhoooooooo.....my new toy has arrived liao! So exciting :yeah: This is the life man......drooling.....drooling! Have to admit I am a reef addict :paiseh:

We are all addicts.......and it's more expensive then drugs...satisfying and no side effects........ :lol: .........except to our wallets..... :upsidedown: