Improving Chiller Efficiency

yazid

• SRC Member

I was thinking of possible ways to improve the cooling efficiency of my chiller and thus save $$$.

I was imagining large heatsink and titanium coil. Without using any electricity, water will flow through the coil which is attached to a heatsink to dissipate the heat out.

I should be able to drop the temp by 2-3 degrees. Of course a fan will help to fasten the cooling when blow towards the heatsink. This way the chiller will work lesser thus improving its cooling efficiency. There will be less evaporation.

Anyone think this is a stupid idea?

• SRC Member

Using a titanium intercooler is a brilliant idea if you live in a cold country, because the water will match the ambient temperature. This device will end up using your tank water to cool the air. If the temperature gets to 31°, your tank water will too.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Guys, the idea is to work in conjuction with a chiller in Singapore.

What the heatsink will do is to maintain the water temperature at room temperature.

Example:

Room Temp: 29 C

Tank Temp: With MH can reach to 33C. Usually more than room temp.

If the HeatSink can pull the tank water temperature down to 29C (Room Temp), the chiller need to cool from 29C to 26C only. 3 degrees down will be faster and in the long run save $$$.

Without the heatsink, the chiller need to work harder from 33C to 26C. A 7 degree drop.