My 4 footer

hamannbmw

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

possible. Agree it does look like a bottlebrush :lol::lol: it does look yellow throughout..... didnt see the greenish tint...

The last bottle brush I owned was whitish base with green tip

must try to get your T5 or 250W MH asap ......they brown out quite fast even if you put them up real high under your 150WMH. Some bros have some kind of success with 150W....but seriously, the sps never reached their potential.

Nice birdnest....took one myself :D

hamannbmw, for ur tank's depth, shld go 4 at least 2x250W since it is abt 2 ft.

my tank is only left wif 1 ft after deducting dsb, therefore, i m using 2x150W MH wif 4x39W T5s. moreover, MH is only at most 6" off the surface of the water. hv managed to see growth and maintain the colours of my sps. ;)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

Hey bro,

Nice pieces there. Stocking up I see? :P

You definitely need 250W MH for your tank depth bro. 150W can only keep the SPS alive but will be very difficult to hold colour.

Anyway, welcome to the blood ######, pocket burning and late night cheonging world of SPS reefing!! :lol::lol:

birdnest will do well in your tak lah, Flubbey. The Jd_n's bundong pink birdnest frag I passed to you is doing so well and growing. ;)

So I'll be seeing you guys again on Sat??

• SRC Member
Hey bro,

Nice pieces there. Stocking up I see? :P

You definitely need 250W MH for your tank depth bro. 150W can only keep the SPS alive but will be very difficult to hold colour.

Anyway, welcome to the blood ######, pocket burning and late night cheonging world of SPS reefing!! :lol::lol:

i have to agree that its a blood ###### hobby... i cant imagine if my tank is fully stock up, how much would it cost me :shock:

i remember u had about 80 colonies eg. 1 colony $50 X 80 = $4000 not forgetting those exotic ones that had paid more for that... :P

• SRC Member
birdnest will do well in your tak lah, Flubbey. The Jd_n's bundong pink birdnest frag I passed to you is doing so well and growing. ;)

So I'll be seeing you guys again on Sat??

what time will you be there? Better go early...just realised prices rather reasonable. :yeah:

• SRC Member

i believe the pink wonder you talking about is a pocillopora species. under tis genus there are many other variations so cant really tell you the full name but i am sure its a pocillopora unless someone else has other views to say. Always ready to listen to other views..=)

• SRC Member
i believe the pink wonder you talking about is a pocillopora species. under tis genus there are many other variations so cant really tell you the full name but i am sure its a pocillopora unless someone else has other views to say. Always ready to listen to other views..=)

Thanks Ancelot for your verification... ;) , my water parameters as of today :

Ammonia, NO2 & NO3 - undectectable

PH - 8.1 (abit low)

KH - 9

Calcium - 400

Magnesium - 1300

:P

sure knows how to choose

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif