Montipora eating nudis

• SRC Supporter

Hi Guys...

My colonies/frags are affected!!

Jus wondering if any of you guys who have purchased specimens recently got any sighted?

And heres a link that might help....

I'm currently looking for tetra Marin Oomed and lugols solution as suggested fopr dips in order to rid my montis of this parasites....

anyone knows where I can purchase them??

Here's a extract on the the dip procedure .

The dip procedure we used was the following, 10 minutes in a liter of tank water with 0.75 ml of Tetra Marin Oomed. Water was then discarded. Another soak for 10 minutes in one liter of tank water with 10 drops of Lugols was then done immediately after the Marin Oomed dip. At the end of this Iodine dip the Montipora colony or fragments are then moved back and forth strongly in the dip water. This will wash off the dead nudis.

Wish me luck.

BTW, to spot this nudis, I recommend that you look at the underside of the montis, thats where they remain during day...

tell tale signs that you have been infected.... montis showing sign of tissue los similar to that of STN...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

wow... sounds really serious... keep us update... all the best man!

:o

Hope you kill the nudis successfully

Wish ya luck :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
O no. For lugols can try reborn. They have kent marine lugols

Do you dip the coral in lugol or add lugol to the tank??

• SRC Supporter
If not encrusted, I basically take them out every now and then and squash them....still was a losing battle.

I'm currently trying to pull them out by using a syringe... they keep appearing... :shock:

• SRC Member

• SRC Member

Joe,

I had them ages ago. they would sometimes congregate and feed at bases of monti. Even feeding blatantly in broad day light!

My Pink Digitata was almost wiped out that way. I introduced a six line wrasse and found it exceptionally fast in eliminating the nudis. I saw none in 2 days and fortunately managed to salvage a small frag from the colony.

No need for lugols solution and all the hassle. Only problem is getting the six line terror out when the nudi problem is over. :pinch:

Joe,

I had them ages ago. they would sometimes congregate and feed at bases of monti. Even feeding blatantly in broad day light!

My Pink Digitata was almost wiped out that way. I introduced a six line wrasse and found it exceptionally fast in eliminating the nudis. I saw none in 2 days and fortunately managed to salvage a small frag from the colony.

No need for lugols solution and all the hassle. Only problem is getting the six line terror out when the nudi problem is over. :pinch:

Don't know how to save my 2ft Zoo garden,ton of nudis.Will buy a six line today to try.If work--- :D:D:D

:thanks:

• SRC Supporter
Joe,

6 line wrasse are freaks in reefs...... Darn aggressive animals....

Jus curious , you mentioned that the nudis wiped out your digi? thought they oinly feed on monti capriconis? :shock:

• SRC Supporter

Don't know how to save my 2ft Zoo garden,ton of nudis.Will buy a six line today to try.If work--- :D:D:D

:thanks:

Palm, the nudis we mentioned here are entirely different from those taht plague zoos.....

I did encounter those nudis before... one good way is to remove the the infected stock and starve those buggers out.....

• SRC Member

i had this encounter few mths ago and lost my monti cap and digi. tried dip in all medication and fresh water, no good. got a 6 liner and still does not help until i got the yellow corris. so far so good, i am back to keep monti again :D the yellow corris seems to be fine with the corals.

• SRC Member
the six liner is too agressive,my gobies will be gobbled.and the canary or yello coris wrasse is not very reef safe,in addition,it will burrow deep into the sandbed,making it a terrorist for reefers who utillise DSB

What a headache

gobies gobbled??? wow i can get this instead of the grouper to kill my clown goby! reborn... here i come!

Joe_p, do you know if it came from a recent LFS shipment? i believe most of us were dead tired upon reaching home so may not have done a thorough check. i know i did check but these buggers can be smaller and at 1am in the morning... i skipped the lugol dip, hope i dun regret this later.

Joe_p, if reborn or sealife dun have lugol, juz SMS me. i got a bottle of Kent Lugol. dun mind going to ur place at nite cos wanna see ur tank and pick up the plugs as well.