How do u do this?

• SRC Member

Ok... juz something that always make me curious...

I thought the rough background used by this tank is quite nice (ripped this pix from arofanatics....).

The last time I saw something like this was at Atlantics (one of those cabinet ###### wall tank feature) set up store.

Instead of those blue or black oyama background... I am thinking of this...

What's the down side of using this sort of background.... and what is it called actually?

• SRC Member

it either a foam wall or a fiber added with sand

hahahha

i myself have made a rocky background also

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

Saw this (somewhat like it) in german based website, where the admixture is used to conceal pipeworks etc and it looks like natural rocks. Don't know whether anyone brought them in.

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

ya, it appears to be a foam wall. or maybe its one of those backgrounds that has been painted over with plaster and they pile the plaster up to add depth and dimension.

Not sure if plaster is safe for the water though.

• SRC Member
Saw this (somewhat like it) in german based website, where the admixture is used to conceal pipeworks etc and it looks like natural rocks. Don't know whether anyone brought them in.

if the mixture is selling in singapore think i will use it to replace mine background

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

if the mixture is selling in singapore think i will use it to replace mine background

Ya I like the idea too. But if I were to add in this 'wall' that means I have to remove the rocks as some of them are resting right at the back...

I think this is what they call fibreboard (thats what the uncle told me).

I saw it at one of the shops around sentosa marine... The shop is at a corner selling only tanks and cabinet... has a koi pond outside.

Definitely not made with styrofoam. I remember quite X though... 3 digits...

Got an idea

How about applying glue and pouring sand over it to create a sand wall or something?

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

seen one of the LFS did it before when I just started reefing...they spplu silicon glue on the glass...spread sand over it and make sure the whole wall is covered...waited for it to dry....

and YOU got sand wall....

only down side....after awhile..algae grew on it and tangs start chomping the sand wall...you'll see patches where the sand falls off due to the intensive munching by the tangs :evil: