Tansh's 2ft Cube Tank

tansh

• SRC Member

Hi,after dicommsion my 6mth old 3ft tank recently and now dicided back to reefkeeping again.But this time will go for small tank and very slow because no buget.Im keeping soft,LPS and small fisher,few pcs sps when my tank get mature.

Have got my tank with woodstand but dicided to chg to custom made cabinate with chengai stand cos my wife complain dont want equipment expose in the open.Ok cut short my lo so and now come to the spec of my tank,below are the equipments need for my setup,if any comments pls shoot.

Main tank 2X2X2 10mm with 2X1.5X1.5 sump(diy durso on overflow).

2inchs sandbed on main tank or more(no dsb or refugium on my setup).

Biohome and more LR for biological and carbon.

Diy my 4X24w T5 lights that can remove from lighthook for maintance

-2 actinic blue,1 6500k and 1 10000k, 4 reflector all from aquaz brand.

Skimmer-still not dicided yet(might go for macro AS250 needle wheel).

No chiller use 1ac fan cos want to save $$ but hv to topup water everyday very sian.

Just got my cabinate 2days ago will post pic soon cos hv to redo the bulkhead and piping on overflow box myself.

My decomm 4ft FOWLR

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Finally hv completed tank piping and started to cycle with 28kg of cure LR and 30kg C1 sands 5 days ago.After cycling will keep some fishers at the moment,once got buget will go for reef in future.

Here the front tank pic under 2X15watt FL lights(1 arcadia 9400k daylight and 1 arcadia actinic blue)

post-69-1102432536.jpg

My decomm 4ft FOWLR

• SRC Member

My sump tank area encourter water vapour in the morning with the cabinate door close,can anyone advice how to prevent?Currently my main tank temp is 28-30 deg with 1 return pump running and lights on for 4hr per day.By installing 1 ac fan at the main tank to cool down the temp will solve the problem or the ventaration in my sump area is not good enough?

My decomm 4ft FOWLR

• SRC Member
My sump tank area encourter water vapour in the morning with the cabinate door close,can anyone advice how to prevent?Currently my main tank temp is 28-30 deg with 1 return pump running and lights on for 4hr per day.By installing 1 ac fan at the main tank to cool down the temp will solve the problem or the ventaration in my sump area is not good enough?

maybe that's some salt spray..try cover the whole sump with plastic wrapping film

• SRC Member

maybe that's some salt spray..try cover the whole sump with plastic wrapping film

Thks for the advice but no salt spray in the sump tank area.Any kind bro can advice how to solve the problem or any solution?

My decomm 4ft FOWLR

• SRC Member
Looks nice and neat man... I would make the rock formation a wee bit higher.. but then again maybe when you put the corals it would be okay...

Thks,will getting LR to cover the expose overflow box soon ;)

My decomm 4ft FOWLR

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi, Would u mind sharing how u traped these crabs? Thks.

Just get a small glass bottle with the height at lease 4inchs and heavy enough to sink.Night time just place a small pc of market prawn into the bottle and place it between the LR and made sure no other fish or shrimp can get the food.Next day morning u shd see crabs trap inside the bottle.

My decomm 4ft FOWLR

• SRC Member
Nice aquascape! So watts your plan, FOWLR set up?

Thks,currently got a pair of true percula from bro untorchable,1 blue linckia star fish,1 longnose hawkfish and 1 electric orange hermit crab.Maybe getting mh light and fan end of the mth still consider not dicided yet.

My decomm 4ft FOWLR